World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been bidding on a cracking avon dinghy,started at 100,and me and someone was bidding againt now its 180,im out and its not met the price they want anyway,,,,first time ive ever,,bidded on flea bay,,,doh,,,,there be some good ones but far to far away ,,,SODS LAW

G

·
Just been bidding on a cracking avon dinghy,started at 100,and me and someone was bidding againt now its 180,im out and its not met the price they want anyway,,,,first time ive ever,,bidded on flea bay,,,doh,,,,there be some good ones but far to far away ,,,SODS LAW
Next time dont get involved in a bidding war, it just pushes the price up. Wait until the last couple of minutes and bid the highest you are prepared to pay. If possible put your bid in about 10 seconds before the close.
Was that the one I pointed out to you?

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure mate,but ive gone for another and have only bid 1 pound over the asking price which is 40 quid ,no floor but i could get one made at work from the carpenters, out of marine ply no oars, or the transome but if it stays at that ,the im sure i can pick them up its had a patch done ,but it looks ok 12 ft long so to of us be ok ,,,fingers crossed TIGHT LINES ps ITS A ,,,AVON REDSHANK

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I Just got my mate a Navionics Gold cartridge on there for £28.:clap2:
£115 new, so bargains can still be got on there.

Alan

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats a good bargain ,,,,,i just had to look that up ,,,,im new to this boat lark ,,lol CHARTS

·
Banned
820 Posts
You can get software that will put your maximum bid in at the very last second. PM me if you want more information.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Keep looking on Ebay for a month or so.
In about a month I'll stop using ebay for anything bar buy-it-now's for boating stuff as the numpties will start bidding everything up to silly money as soon as we get a decent weekend.

Guess when my collection of outboards is going on ebay? :D

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
arh good one ,thanks for the info gents,i reckon ill proberly get one at the next boat jumble,like you say 2 many people bidding ridicuous prices,u can get new ones chaeper then there asking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts