1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads if you had the option to change the engine on you boat for 1 of
these two engines which would be your choice and for what reasons
price wise there is not much between them but e tec are givin £350
worth of petrol vouchers free with there engine ...1 of these will be going on a raider 18 cuddy....thanks in advance Paul

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Lads if you had the option to change the engine on you boat for 1 of
these two engines which would be your choice and for what reasons
price wise there is not much between them but e tec are givin £350
worth of petrol vouchers free with there engine ...1 of these will be going on a raider 18 cuddy....thanks in advance Paul
Has to be the 4stroke!much better on fuel,smooter,and you dont need ear muffs!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Seems the £350 petrol vouchers are a short term saving compared to the 4 strokes fuel usage - i'd go with the 4 stroke deffo, beautifully quiet too :D

Mark

(but i spose i'm biased due to my recent aquisition, lol)

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Mines only a 80hp,but get 40miles from a 25litre tank,superb engines,had a e-tec before,way over rated.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
that good consumption that!! whats the top end on yours mate
2 up,with gear,and 3 fuel tanks,around 34mph,with a stainless 17"prop,good thing with these engines,is you can get the ecu remapped!not many people do it at moment,but as the software becomes avalible,should be a quick way for more hp!had mine 4-5months,has been great,and cheap to buy!:thumbs:even Tom bettle said it sounds nice!and a compliment from Tom,is rarer than hens teeth!he didnt like my boat tho!lol

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
i think there cracking looking boats but i have heard they do flex
a fair bit if they do where by the sides the floor ect ect Paul
The sides,as the sides are very high.36" there is not enough stringers on them,and if you hit a wave hard enough,you get the flex,on the other hand,the english built Raiders,are like tanks,sharkey has a 150hp on his,and gets no flex whatsoever,think there just built to a price really,loads of room,and can handle a rough sea,as long as your easy on the throtle!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
do you get any flex with yours Paul .....
also is that steves new evolution 38

Paul
3 other people i know with raiders get flex,the worse is the fisherman,as it is just a open boat,as the roof is just bolted to the hull,at least the cuddy is part of the hull.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
80hp 18ft Raider loaded/gear/anglers 1.6miles to the litre? I think you can take that figure as very optimistic on the outfit it is being quoted for? What conditions and speed/load to get that figure should be the question Offshore?
Its what i get regulary from mine,at a cruise 22mph 4000rpm

·
Registered
519 Posts
80hp 18ft Raider loaded/gear/anglers 1.6miles to the litre? I think you can take that figure as very optimistic on the outfit it is being quoted for? What conditions and speed/load to get that figure should be the question Offshore?
according to my smartcraft gauges i'm getting about 1.25 miles per litre average .

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
i done 38miles last week,on 1 25litre tank,and had a small drop left when i got back,does seem better since i fitted the stainless prop tho,thanks Cascars!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts