World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if other e-tech owners have had any bother starting,
seems to start from cold ok, say after doing 5m, stop to 10mins, go to re-start, sometimes it just cranks and takes a while to fire, if i prime the bulb it's starts first touch, it's strange because as the day goes on it seems to get better and don't need to prime it.
One think I have noticed is the see thru fuel filter does not fill with juice when running, when you prime the bulb it fills it.
A couple of things may have played a part, i forgot to open the air valve on the tank once, which did suck the tank in a couple of inches and it would not re-start then until i realised and let in the air and the other thing is it's had a new fuel filter fitted.
Tanks and filters are clean :g:
Cheers Sean,

·
Registered
497 Posts
Dont have that problem with mine.
The only problem starting I have is if I ever run out of fuel from one tank and then change over to a new one. I obviously prime it again but it then just turns over and over until I start worrying if the battery is going to go flat-but then it eventually catches. I now always try and change tanks before it runs out-which is probably good practice anyway for any engine-to avoid the risk of sucking up any impurities that have sunk to the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Moray, I did manage to run dry earlier this year as well (forgot about that) I had the same it took quite a while to get the fuel back through, thinking about it could be around that time the problem started also, if you get chance next time you have the engine on the muffs would you mind taking a look at the filter to see how much fuel actually is in there when running, be careful of the flywheel when running though, I'd hate to cause an accident!
Cheers Sean,

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I am not sure but I think the E-Tec is a high pressure fuel system, bit like a diesel, so you have to get rid of all the air in the system for it to pressurise and fire. :g:

As you say best not to run out of fuel or always have a two battery starting system.

Dave
:giveup:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I have noticed on my inline filters that they dont fill, even if I pump like the clappers they still only stay half to threequarters full, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems, perhaps the tank has to be above the engine to keep them full.
blueskip

T

·
0 Posts
:schmoll:
:)
Dave is right it is a pressurised fuel system, air does sound like it could be a possibility :g:
Sean,
..I got out of bed the wrong side and have to work today so I'm grumpy.

I apologise in advance, but please expect inane, meaningless posts through most of the day.

Tom

PS: Before anyone jumps in, I know all of my posts are inane and meaningless! :giveup:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sean,

On the fuel tank that came with my e-tech there is no air vent that you have to open, I am assuming then that the vent is incorporated into the fill cap some how!

Never had starting problems with mine. Have run out of fuel on several occassions and after refuelling the main tank just pumped the primer bulb until hard then after 10 secs or so of cranking over away she goes.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm hoping the problem might be cured, took the lower side covers off to take a closer look at the fuel system, did'nt see anything amiss, on the side of what the online catalogue calls a fuel vapor separator pump are 2 valves, rightly or wrongly I let out fuel from here which was under a slight pressure, started the engine up to test and fuel was flowing into the inline filter quite freely up to halfway, which has not been happening for a while now. Anyone know what the 2 valves are for???
Cheers Sean,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts