World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I recently bought an Eagle Cuda 240 combined FF & GPS on E bay. It's new and came direct from USA at a very good price.

My question is it doesn't seem able to display FF and GPS at the same time split screen. Or am I missing something? It has split screen for 2 different magnifications.

It seems obvious to me that if you're heading to a point, say a wreck, guided by the GPS, when you get close you need to see the FF to confirm when you are actually on the wreck and also the GPS to see if you have overshot or the waypoint is incorrect etc. The only way I can do it is to continually switch the screens between FF & GPS which is a few buttons each and takes a bit of time.

Has anyone got one of these?

Thanks,

Owen

G

·
hello owen

ive recently bought a lowrance m25i same bit of kit, you cant split between ff and gps but its only a flick of a button,dont know about you i paid £200 pounds new for mine and thought that was quite good as cheepest ff is about £80 and cheepest gps is about £150 so not a bad saving .
once i sussed the instructions i find it a good bit of kit..

just wondering is your unit mounted inside a cuddy or under anything as i was told it had to be mounted outside as it has an internal aerial :confused:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that Guys.

Solent Dave, I think I paid around £135 from a guy on E bay but he isn't on there any more.

In case anyone else wants one, You can also get them direct from the USA. Just search on the net. Carriage isn't all that much but you have to be carefull of customs. Mine came in with a value of $25 stated on the customs form. I think most of the USA sellers will do that for you.

jrs54, thanks for the site. I do have a manual but I was wondering if I was missing something.

Owen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts