World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have any of you lot been plugging yet?have you had any success?I am planning to go sometime after wednesday when the wether permits.What time do you normally start going for me its ussually late april skip first of may (due to small celbration:lmao: :lmao: )and then continue any time after that.:clap2:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Flycaster,

I havent tried the plugs yet, but after just reading mike ladles website http://www.mikeladle.com/archive/index.html, I'm going to give it a try this week!!!

I have tried spinning and have caught several Pollock (as early as late January!!), though to be honest none were of any real size!!

When you go, please let me know how you get on!!

Cheers,

Frags

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will let you all no how i get on when i go.Having looked at mikes website he fishes right the year round with plugs so that has definatley given me confidence.Hey looks like im now a "hardcore poster":punk: :clap2:

·
Registered
221 Posts
just been out today and had a nice 3lb bass. my first of the year on a plug. will be going again 2mo and the day after and the day after that and.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Going to Selsey Bill for a week so will give my plugging rod an outing, might be better getting beach casters out . taking them as well.

rather be plugging !

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Most bass are getting caught on the bait at the moment. However i will be out over the soutwest coast of Scotland next week looking to pick up a few early bass on the plugs. If i was to go out targetting bass though either razor clam or lug would be my first choice now.

·
Registered
221 Posts
bin out a few more times in my local estuary and had a few fish every time, havent blanked with plugs this year!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi peps,

Had a few sessions around Selsey, tides were neaps so nothing to report catch wise.

Saw a bloke fly fishing, first at the mouth of Pagham Harbour then at East Witterings. I spoke to his wife and she said he had a bass of around 2lbs in one of the inlets in Chichester Harbour.

I went to the end of East Head, plugged and spun for couple of hours no takes.
Went round the corner to a secluded inlet and saw a fish 2 to 3lbs swim below me not sure if was a Bass or Mullet only got a quick glance.

I saw some fish roll on the other side so whacked a dexter to the position must of hit the fish on the nose, as it jumped out the water and then spooked all the other fish, they then all charged down the bay 20 strong. It looked like a scene from Rex Hunt, loads of birds going mad as well.

"MULLET"

Then " er behind the door" phoned "daughter`s cut her hand and the boy has run off again " so trudged 2 miles back to the beach.

The boy was found after 5mins and the "CUT" was a small ***** from a thorn bush. Think it was more a case of "why should that bugger enjoy himself while i here looking after the tin lids".

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Had a thorough go in a cornish estuary tonight, bugger all except mullet and 2 inch smolts about. Oh yeah lots of turd droppers and a woman that walked up to me as I was reeling in a lure and asked "Are you fishing?"

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
"Are you fishing?"
:) :)
I know what it's like..... when I have my rod & fishing bag with me as I walk down the street someone always asks "you going fishing mike" I answer no I'm going Elephant hunting :blink:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaah... had another go today after hearing a bass was caught on rag worm where I was casting plugs. There is just too many bloody mullet everywhere the place is rammed solid with them - every time my lure hits the water a 10sq m radius erupts with the little buggers, sure its scaring off the bass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts