World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the plague of woofs growing in intensity with every tide, I'd all but decided not to bother with the rays till things eased off a little. I don't mind fishing through them but it does get a bit disheartening.
Then seeing an acquaintance had manage to snare a couple yesterday, had me itching to get out for a few hours.

with LW at 04:30am I could get a couple of hours in and still be home for breakfast.... Can't miss a Saturday morning full English fry up lol

So on the beach just after 4am.
Flat calm sea, no wind and a large orangey red moon... forgot my camera was on black and white lol IMG_0967.JPG

As expected the rods were both soon bouncing around as bait after bait was pounced on and devoured.
That's just how it is and there is nothing to do but keep at it and hope for the best ..
It was nearly two hours later, just after the dawn had broken and the early morning light had pushed the darkness away, that the "proper fish" blank was beaten with a spirited little spotty. IMG_0973.JPG

Followed by more than another hour of hauling till my target finally slipped ashore, in the form of a blonde. IMG_0976.JPG

A couple more cast didn't add to my tally, so I was home by just after 8am. By the time I'd stowed my kit away, had a quick shower and shave, my breakfast was on the table for me ..... 20.jpg

What a great start to a bank holiday weekend... and to top it off the blonde finished my 2021 slam .........

5 SLAM 2021.JPG

Have a good weekend everyone ..... Happy Hooking. Stay safe and enjoy .

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Nick Phillips

Registered
Daiwa supercast M11 rods and Slosh 30 reels 30 reels
Well done on your rays buddy.
A nice reward for your efforts

Sole Man!
great fishing Keith, looking forward to catching up with you again.

Reactions: Notso

Registered
Well Done!

Reactions: Notso
1 - 17 of 17 Posts