World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished East Aberthaw from 1130-1730. The ebb was quiet until 1 hour before lw, when I dropped a runner after 1 minute when the hook trace broke. I need to check for barnacle damage more often!

Then I missed 2 runs on the next two casts before landing a 9lb starry. The next cast produced another 9lber, followed by yet another identical 9lb starry after that!

I saw three other anglers near me get 2-3 similar size fish apiece.

Then on my last but one cast I had a starry of 7-12.
Finally I ran out of leads & crab so it was time to call it a day.

Thanks to the angler who took this photo of my first fish.

Attachments

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
Nice one mate:thumbs: - i was there for the VERY early morning sesh LOL!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
what was off there that could bust 70lbs new trace wire tied to 50lbs braid on the run it took whole mackerel flapper one hit off it went then it went slack wound in 3 ins above the hook gone no rubbing marks like it had been cut with side cutters

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Nice sesh mate ! :clap:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
what was off there that could bust 70lbs new trace wire tied to 50lbs braid on the run it took whole mackerel flapper one hit off it went then it went slack wound in 3 ins above the hook gone no rubbing marks like it had been cut with side cutters
Conger!

Or maybe Tarpon :unsure:
:lmao:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Fished East Aberthaw from 1130-1730. The ebb was quiet until 1 hour before lw, when I dropped a runner after 1 minute when the hook trace broke. I need to check for barnacle damage more often!

Then I missed 2 runs on the next two casts before landing a 9lb starry. The next cast produced another 9lber, followed by yet another identical 9lb starry after that!

I saw three other anglers near me get 2-3 similar size fish apiece.

Then on my last but one cast I had a starry of 7-12.
Finally I ran out of leads & crab so it was time to call it a day.

Thanks to the angler who took this photo of my first fish.
nicw one mate well done !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts