World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my failure yesterday I got some fresh softies and went back to give it a proper go. I wasn't particularly confident but had a go anyway.Just about low water I had a really good run, ratchet screaming, and tightened into what was obviously a decent fish. What happened next I wasn't expecting - the fish was just taking line and I couldnt do anything with it ! Eventually i started to get line back, and just short of 20 minutes after the bite I got it in. The fish, a starry smouthound was hooked in one of the fins near the tail - no wonder it gave me a hard time ! Now the bit that p****d me off. I unhooked it weighed it ( 9.5 lbs)and then took a shot of it (OR SO I THOUGHT).After I made sure it went back in ok I checked my camera and I hadn't taken the shot!!!!! What a Numpty! :doh::wallbash:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
No pics !
So you mean you blanked lol !!

·
Mussel Man
2,506 Posts
well done george...
they give a hell of a fight the other way around,

let alone backwards LoL! :blink:

al.

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
Well done mate!!!:clap:

Aberthaw didn't defeat you this time LOL!!!

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
well done george at least you had one lol

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
nice one m8. it just goes to show that even when the blank sessions seem like they'll never end, you can just grab life by the tail (in your case literally) and get a result. Tight lines. Mad one.

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,629 Posts
Glad To Hear You Had A Hound In The End George Mate - Must Of Been Them Lucky Softies I Picked Out For You....
Tight Lines,
Sam_lougher.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts