World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lads, Im thinking of trying the East side tonight for the first time and was wondering if theres any particular places to head for. All help gladly appreciated.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Fished West last night small strap and a small codling only advice i can help with is take plenty of spare leads and shockleader ;)

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
about 100 yards in from river is where I fish but I prefer places with a bit more depth, if the smoothound are about its supposed to be a top place but to be honest the walk across those mini boulders down to the low water is a ,pain inthe ***

I prefer the ledges in front of the dome.

If there are no smoothound about west is bettter in my opinion

·
Registered
464 Posts
There was one hell of a rip coming through on the flood had to hold the rod to stop it pulling the rest over, no hounds about east or west a few showed 2 weeks ago but they seem to have moved.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks lads. Im reliably informed that theyre having them on the East and not from the ledges which is why Im off there. Dont fancy walking over them mini boulders meself. Just to make it interesting, me coleman has packed up so Im relying on me headlamp tonight, and the weather man has just said theres gonna be thunder storms too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got back. Chickened out and fished the west ledges. Not a sniff to me or the other 4 anglers. Wind was far stronger than expected and weed was a major problem. On the bright side, I got a lead back once :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts