World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off to live in my caravan in Fife for the next three weeks. Dose anyone know of any good shore fishing loctaions there and any good bait dealers to buy from.

Thanks in anticipation

Sandi

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
take a fork with you sandi, theres loads of beaches where you will be able to dig lug.....(keeping the ones with rag quiet ;) ) I am heading for crail harbour tomorrow, heard there's some nice Codling being caught from this mark?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Codling eh? Always fancied Crail (for a wee drive as much as fishing). Quite a trip from Glasgow however. What bait will be best for such a quarry *– judging by your last post i'm guessing rag :D

Once caught a codling on feathers whilst going for mackerel –*this was in Largs though, on a boat. Only other fish in three weeks of getting into the sport has been a bass.

Good luck in Crail.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
bait for tomorrow is Rag/Lug/Cockle/Clappy doo's (big clam thingys) oh yeah an 1 peeler crab... was all I could find tonight.

will let you know tomorrow how I got on

·
Registered
409 Posts
Where you get your clappy doos from, they used to sell them at the barras , I live right round the corner from them and have been round, they only sell fake dvds and fags now.As for bait in fife the plant centre in south street sells all frozen bait and you can dig the worm on most big beaches, there is a place in cowdenbeath called reels n deals I think that does rag. the pet shop at kincardine does rag so you could pick some up on your way if you are passing. if you have acsess to the net on your hols loeave a post as i will be up that way soon and would like to know how it is fishing. Anstruther, cellardyke, crail,boarhills,kingsbarns and St Andrews all are good marks worth fishing

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Stay in Rosyth, but was born an bred in North Queensferry, wee fishing village north side of forth road brig :D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
hi all if your looking for a place to fish in fife try fifeness point in the next three weeks it will be on fire . another place is anstruthers longest pier had a 14.5 pound conger of there last week . bait wise the best for me is freash lug the best place to dig it is burntisland by the way found that fishing 2 hours before and after low tide best.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
the bass will be in soon :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thats an amazing cod for anytime of the year and especially just now .I take it the summer cod are now at home and ready for visitors. Have you fished kingsbarns before? Also the bass beach at st andrews is it the big long sands at the sealife centre

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yeah the cod fishing is good up here if your after bass try longanet power station at cullross :)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
fished at kingsbarns a couple of times never had much luck :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
My aunt and uncle stay in Burntisland so I will definately take a bait trip that way enroute to somewhere further west (in the next couple of weeks). You'll get cockle and mussel there and by the sounds of it, rag/lug. Never dug for them myself though as a newcomer –*any tips?

Anstruther sounds good. Will wait to hear how Bigdunny got on in Crail.

Tight lines.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help guys, will home torrow and then off for the three weeks, and fishing and nooooooooo work.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would say i'm jealous but looking out the office window on the 1st June it is raining and cold. Grim – as I was hoping to go bassing on Friday, early doors!

Have a great holiday and good luck with the weather. I think it's to improve by the weekend in the Edinburgh / Fife region.

;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
alright there,

st monans is also worth a go! all the other places have been mentioned, and are worth a go, but like fishing off the end of the breakwater in st monans! good for codling to three or four pounds...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Off to live in my caravan in Fife for the next three weeks. Dose anyone know of any good shore fishing loctaions there and any good bait dealers to buy from.

Thanks in anticipation

Sandi
try codheadBob's site really helpful with lots of info on a lot of marks

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I was in burntisland a few days ago going for cod and i managed to catch a haddock, only a baby but still a haddock
Welcome to forum Yollie- I must say thats a surprise in catching a haddock, its amazing whats getting caught these days.
Wonder if their making a comeback...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts