World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems other forums have have a Sticky'd post giving a bit of guidance to posters, so I thought I'd do the same for us on the East Coast Forum.

Firstly, if anyone has any problems, feel free to PM me anytime, i'll look into or sort out whatever it is, as soon as possible, If I'm not about and it's important, then PM another mod, If there's a post you feel is wrong for any reason, just press that report button, give your reason and it will be looked at pretty quick, it's better on the whole to do this, rather than reply, as things nearly always just get out of hand then.

NEW POSTERS - If you're a new poster to the East Coast Forum, before jumping in with a question, why not take a moment to introduce yourself a little, where abouts are you, how you fish etc etc - too many new posters perhaps feel a little uneasy posting the first few times, so end up just firing in with a "where shall I fish, so I can bag a few" post, trouble is, you're unlikely to get much of a response, same applies to people from other forums, perhaps wanting advice on a venue they'll be travelling to.

CATCH REPORTS - Catch reports are personal to the poster, nobody wants to be criticised when they've just spent the time writing up a report, all it does is just tick them off and ultimately deters them posting reports in the future, that would be a great loss to all of us, not to mention, it is against WSF House Rules, please don't do it, posts end up getting edited and deleted and aguments break out.

ADVERTISING, LINKS, URLS etc - Blatant continual advertising, is against the rules and will get deleted, answering posts with links to other sites/forums etc is generally frowned upon, for obvious reasons and could also end up being deleted, replying to posts with an answer such as "use the search function" are also fairly frowned upon in general, it doesn't help the community much, if everyones just looking up old answers.

That's about it for now, If I come up with anything else, i'll just add it on, this isn't about over modding etc and I hope it isn't seem that way, hopefully, it may just prevent an odd problem arising here and there, if anyone has any suggestions for additions, let me know by PM I just don't really want this to get too long :)

AL ..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.