World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Myself and two friends are heading along the east coast of Scotland for a fishing trip, staying over in Dundee, Johnshaven and Fraserburgh.

We've already been advised of a few fishing spots to hit Broughty Ferry Beach/Riverside Drive (Tay)/Arbroath Harbour/Gourdon Harbour/Peterhead Breakwater/Fraserburgh Harbour and Lossiemouth Marina.

Just looking for some advise on those areas (where abouts to fish/type of ground/best baits etc) and if you have any recommendations for other marks for us to try, we aren't the most experienced fishermen and we aren't targeting anything in particular. Just a lads trip!

We could also use some live bait shops nearby if you have any suggestions.

Any advise would be great!

Connor

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dundee riverside drive anywhere along the stretch of wall you will catch sea trout and fatties on 2 hook flapps size 2 hoks with mackerel and black lug. There is anglers choice up the top of Dundee been in twice but that was a while ago now. Arbroath harbour will throw up good size cod in winter but suppose it depends when your going. But those marks you have had suggested is the marks that id be going too if I was inexperienced, quite alot of the eat coast is rough ground beach or rock fishing for cod conger wrasse ect. Id just visit the marks you have been told about and just use black lug fresh if possible and some 2 hooks flappers or if winter 3/0 hook pulley pennels. I do a lot of fishing in winter time for cod but you will find that a lot of people on here won't suggest places to go and fish as there marks they like will soon be fishes. Im very much the same but if you know or have been told about those places I'm happy to help. I can recommend tho visiting Codheadbob.tripod for info about the east coast. But a few marks can depend on what type of rods and tackle your using

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great cheers! Think it's the back end of September so coming into the winter really, will have a look over at that site!

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
477 Posts
Seen sea trout, flatties and cod! taken from Broughty Ferry castle, head for the harbour and fish from the wall right next o the castle. It's not pretty, not secluded, and a pain with 'people', but hey.....

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
East coast is currently lobster creel city, a lot of marks are pretty much unfishable, there were even creels inside the mouth of Gourdon harbor last week. Bring some crab baits and if the Cod don't want to play you might find some decent Wrasse. Mackies are hard to find from the shore so don't expect to just catch them for bait, I've blanked 3 times recently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts