World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed up the coast, in the gales, for my first shore trip in over a year. We fished at Arbroath, back of the club, for a couple of hours in the afternoon with waves crashing over our heads every few minutes. As the tide ebbed we headed up to Inverbervie and fished the last of the ebb and the first 4 hours of the flood. Next it was off to Gourdon where a couple of other guys were seeking shelter behind the harbour wall and finally back to Arbroath which, with the heightening winds, was unfishable. Our total catch? you've guessed it - 0. It wasn't just us though, some of the guys we met had been fishing for hours without a bite. Still it was good being out and in a wind that literally blew the cobwebs away.
Plenty bait left over so I'll try to get back out next week.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
wasn't suprised to hear you caught 0
wind is blowing in wrong direction better from the east.
also try a day or two when the wind has calm down

·
Registered
219 Posts
Winds are far from perfect but with this southerly blow starting there should be a few fish around. There is already plenty of colour in the water and I for one will be out tomorrow, been down for the bait this morning - still looking for that double figure fish this season................fingers crossed.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
richy you three must be lucky
by the how many was 25 or 30 you 3 caught
i have heard evey one else been blanking so far in the last few days a few went out yesterday not heard nothing as yet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts