World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Headed east with a couple of my mates fae arran.plan formed rapid organisations we were off.apply the fishing brain and off we go.got on the mark and straight into the fish lots of bites and dropped fished 5/6 different stances moving and trying the different gullys over the tide.tryed to help the lads get some fish but it was hard going for their first time respect to the guys for being so robust.it was fresh and not for the faint hearted but knowledge is power and next time they will be more aware of what to expect the same way i was when i started rough ground fishing when i was a boy.the nite fished well and unfortunately died in the morning.the lads had some fish and lost a few same as me.I'm always drawn to the east for the chance of the next one being the big one.great place awesome scenery with load of beautiful landscapes to be enjoyed on the trips.well the big bite did come as the rod did it's thing.the fish was powerful as it snapped the rotten bottom and went off with a smash and grab.it felt good size and was thinkin of a good cod coming up when my mate karl shouted conger.!!although i was thinking it was a cod, i wasn't disheartened and stuck to the job at hand.don't lose it in the swell etc.landed the wee fella quick picture and plopped it back.in the end i had 11cod if i remember correctly.most being 3-5 lb with the biggest around 5/6lb.i didn't weigh the fish as my scales were out of reach.but u know the crack.so my first conger of the year,yeah.!just disappointed it wasn't a cod double but u just never know what may turn up.keep it going don't lose heart it will all come good in the end.just because its a blanks session don't mean u haven't learned some invaluable lessons for the next time and im sure that
my two mates will smash it next time.lol this coming from me the man who forgot his wellies in the rush,thankfully bandqs gardening section in arbroath helped me out with a cheap pair for 12 bucks.!lol

Registered
Well certainly looks like you all had a good sesh there with a lot of fish for you. A bit of a surprise a conger not a double cod that's fishing sometimes you just never know what your pulling up at times. There are no certainties in angling that's why i love it.

G

nice eel there mate, good bonus fish to catch once you realise its not a cod.one of the few other species we get in the winter off the rocks. good result on the cod as well . well done sticking at it and hope your mates enjoyed it .
cheers rab

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lads enjoyed it.next time im sure they will be pulling them in nae bother.this time they had a couple and one less than 20feet out.it gave a wee tip tap as a bite very shy.it resulted in a fish of 4lb.

Registered
Well done guys, great effort to get amongst the cod. I'm sure your friends got there eyes open Kenny.
It's no the first time you've caught a conger while targeting the cod, bonus double.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers willie

Registered
Good report and pics Kenny..well done! Glad your mates got into some fish as well. The East coast can take a good while to crack but with your help I am sure they will master it sooner rather than later. Tight lines! Gary

Registered
Well done Kenny.
That's a cracker haul and a double bonus of a conger.

We really struggled on Monday night. Just bet the blank and no more.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well done Kenny.
That's a cracker haul and a double bonus of a conger.

We really struggled on Monday night. Just bet the blank and no more.
I had to work extra hard for them.so i know exactly what u mean.casting all over the place till i found a couple then off again repeated this through the nite.my two mates were getting bites but it didn't come together on this occasion but im sure karl and bob will get on it next time.!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well done Kenny, you bagged some fish and hit a bonus eel...... not as big as they west coast cod mate ;)
Nice one man
Lol i will be back down Saltcoats next week no doubt.lol i will try for a conger

1 - 16 of 16 Posts