World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished East Lane off the rocks for the first time since the work on the sea defences back in March. Beautiful venue and a glorious morning.

Spent the night before tying rigs and making some homemade leads with my new mould.
Good job I did because sadly it is almost unfishable with all the snags. Lost 4 sets of gear in total and got snagged more times than I can count.
Fished two rods, one pulley with bluey/squid and a 3 hook flapper with Rag.

Lots of little bites from the off, which I assumed was crab , but turned out to be little pouting going for the worm baits.

Had a great pull down bite on the fish bait, but sadly missed it/ striked too early.

Overall a tough session and only a couple of pouting to show for it, but a great place to watch the sunrise.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
East Lane is a bit hit and miss and can throw up all sorts of species and some great fish. Have you checked out there at low tide as you can see the rocks below you that stretch out quite a way and some of the snags show up as well. A weight without grips also helps as do the type of hooks you fish with. I occasionally fish towards Shingle Street at the Martello Tower which is also hit and miss. On Thursday I fished at Shingle Street and me and my mate blanked. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks for that, I checked it out at low water today, and fished it until about 30 mins ago. Still lost 3 sets of gear so just went down to one rod on pennel. Paid off with a nice smoothound just as the sun dropped. Sadly lost it trying to get it up the rocks.
That's a great pic on a really low tide so you can see what you're up against. Bad luck on the hound as well, they really give a good tug!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Thanks for that, I checked it out at low water today, and fished it until about 30 mins ago. Still lost 3 sets of gear so just went down to one rod on pennel. Paid off with a nice smoothound just as the sun dropped. Sadly lost it trying to get it up the rocks.
Great photo. But are you sure that's a beach, it looks more like a flooded scrap yard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts