World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished For A Few Hours At Tantallon Yesterday. Arrived About An Hour And A Half Into The Flood And Fished The Next 3 Hours. Had A 2.2 Kilo Cod On The First Cast And Then Not Another Touch. Bait Was Mussel.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well done nice size, have you been fishing any other marks in the area?
Where do you park to get down to the rock's at Tantallon?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I usually come off the A198 west of the castle, beside a couple of cottages and a farm. The sign says private road but I've always parked next to the field at the farm and never had any bother, just show the usual respect. Walk down the private road and climb the wall at the end. The way down is obvious. It's then up to you to choose a mark, either to the left or under the castle. Fish can be found all over and sometimes under your feet at the bottom of the ledges. The ground is pretty rough so use a rotten bottom. For your first trip I'd get down there a couple of hours before low just to check the place out and be careful on the flood as, depending on where you fish, the water comes into the bay behind you and cuts off your way back. I have gone back along the cliff side but it is pretty dangerous, be warned.
I haven't fished any other marks over the last year, I usually take the boat out from Dunbar but I'm doing a little work on the trailer just now so chances are I'll be on the shore once or twice in the next few weeks. I'll let you know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts