World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been an interesting day today.I followed two seperate pieces of advice,and made a couple of discoveries.

Firstly I'd been working on a farm at Boarhills before Christmas,and had been pointed in the direction of a new bait digging spot.Howfed up there at 7 this morning and secured around 40 lugworm around 10 inches to a foot long in 10 minutes.Luvvly jubbly,(mark that one down in the book Mavis).

Had an idea of where to fish today which went oot the windae because the sea,although not huge as such,was breaking over the rock where I was going to stand.I had a conversation a wee while ago though with a local octegenarian angler who suggested that in spring time I should try a wee spot that coughed up a few codling prior to near everywhere else.Why not I thought.Fished there for about 2 hours and managed two codling as per directons.Not big,maybe a pound for the first and maybe 1 3/4 for the second,but most welcome.Also got 3 potlies and some decent bites which filled my morning nicely.

Nipped along to Anster with the carp rod this avvo to use up the worms and got another two potlies and a flounder.Happy days.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
aye good wee session there bob :clap3: always good to find something new even if it was digging beds !!:secret: :clap2:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a good wee sesh bob:clap3:
did ye keep those fish fingers then.:)
I chucked the codling back,but I've got the floonder in a bucket of watter in the shed.I'm going to stitch a bit elastic to the tail for next week at Wormit,and then we can a' have a go at catchin' it if there's nothing else aboot. :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
How ever did you manage to fish tommorow when its still today? lol . Seriously bob, well done m8 and good on you for finding yourselve some new lug beds.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts