World Sea Fishing Forums banner

East Neuk yesterday

903 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ericthehalfhalfbee 
#1 ·
found a rocky area 1 mile offshore on the lowrance side scan sonar
first drop 3.5lb cod with lure with a bit mackerel on it brother and mate were fishing for mackerel once they were fed up with that they were on the bottom with bait razors and lug worm they started to hit the cod as well we got 11 cod between 3lb and 3.5lb then i got a good ling on the lure 4.5lb so a good days fishing was reluctant to come in but the tide waits for no man

See less See more
#7 ·
that is the first Ling that i have caught in the Forth
good sesh again and hopefully thats the boat sorted till the next thing that goes wrong in my case.dont know if its worth trying most of my ling off dunbar have been on squid or a mackie & squid cocktail on a single hook flowing trace or muppets baited with squid but have found they seem to have a prefarance to squid although had a biggish one 2 weeks ago on a pirk well done again.

#8 ·
good sesh again and hopefully thats the boat sorted till the next thing that goes wrong in my case.dont know if its worth trying most of my ling off dunbar have been on squid or a mackie & squid cocktail on a single hook flowing trace or muppets baited with squid but have found they seem to have a prefarance to squid although had a biggish one 2 weeks ago on a pirk well done again.
going out friday and Saturday so will try the squid and mackie cocktail and will let you know how i get on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.