World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5.30 start yesterday. I’ve said before I use a Dexter wedge as a weight on my feathers as it can yield surprise fish. As was the case when James boated a nice red Gurnard on the spinner at 6.17. Got schoolies, mackerel and scad all before 7am.

Headed out off the E of the island. Tried inshore wrecks but nothing doing except undersized bass. So out to rough ground where drifting with live bait yielded bass up to 6lb. Dropped the anchor for a while and had done nice Huss and Conger and small tope.

Came back inshore to try for bream on reefs and got some along with loads of huge fat pout which were well over 2lb. A full string on those on baited feathers takes some winding in on spinning rods.

Overall a very bountiful day with 11 species boated. Gurnard, bass, scad, mackerel, dogfish, pout, conger, huss, bream, tope and a starfish!

We enjoyed a nice fish and chips lunch today!

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
5.30 start yesterday. I’ve said before I use a Dexter wedge as a weight on my feathers as it can yield surprise fish. As was the case when James boated a nice red Gurnard on the spinner at 6.17. Got schoolies, mackerel and scad all before 7am.

Headed out off the E of the island. Tried inshore wrecks but nothing doing except undersized bass. So out to rough ground where drifting with live bait yielded bass up to 6lb. Dropped the anchor for a while and had done nice Huss and Conger and small tope.

Came back inshore to try for bream on reefs and got some along with loads of huge fat pout which were well over 2lb. A full string on those on baited feathers takes some winding in on spinning rods.

Overall a very bountiful day with 11 species boated. Gurnard, bass, scad, mackerel, dogfish, pout, conger, huss, bream, tope and a starfish!

We enjoyed a nice fish and chips lunch today!
Looks like you had a great day with a yummy feast to take home.
tight lines

Espadon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts