World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, fancy wetting a line tomorrow/Thursday weather depending over HW. Can anyone recommend any marks that are fishing well at the moment? Was considering Seaton way or down further South towards Beesands?

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Beesands might be a shout in the dark ,it could be a bit rough , it could be doggy or you could blank . Or slapton maybe hounds around or dogs hmm 🤔
Hmm interesting John... Really want to get down on the South Coast of Devon and try. I’ve fished the Bristol Channel most my life (not exactly a bad thing though) and fancy a change of scenery. Looking at Met Office app for tomorrow and it’s forecast...

429CFFE0-3ED7-4F7B-ACE2-D621105C9134.png
Looking on Google Maps with the forecast given, I gather the wind will be on my back at Slapton? What end is best?

·
Registered
16,665 Posts
Cheers again! We’ll have to sort a session out sometime mate 👍
Yes definitely. I’m hiding from the wind at the moment!

I would think if you’re going tomorrow or Thursday, possibly East Devon or Chesil might be a shout?

Tat can give you a better steer on that coast though.

I have to say, apart from plaice and mackerel in season, I don’t hear of much from Slapton etc that would incline me to rush down there. Certainly wouldn’t travel that far for hounds.
But then you’re a lot more central to it than me.

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
Yes the wind will be behind you so it might be ok , if it’s rough you could be in with a shout , low tide 8.30 ish , get there 7 a couple of hours in daylight a couple of hours or more in the dark . It’s one of those places where anything could turn up , dogs ,dogs ,and dogs lol good luck keep us posted

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes the wind will be behind you so it might be ok , if it’s rough you could be in with a shout , low tide 8.30 ish , get there 7 a couple of hours in daylight a couple of hours or more in the dark . It’s one of those places where anything could turn up , dogs ,dogs ,and dogs lol good luck keep us posted
So it’s a LW Mark then? Thanks for your help. I haven’t got a headlamp sorted yet so will be fishing HW somewhere in the day but will consider it in the future cheers

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
So it’s a LW Mark then? Thanks for your help. I haven’t got a headlamp sorted yet so will be fishing HW somewhere in the day but will consider it in the future cheers
It’s either a high or low , slack water can be for rays , I think personally it don’t really mater at slapton , beesands I like fishing it in .dark is definitely better then daylight in my opinion

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It’s either a high or low , slack water can be for rays , I think personally it don’t really mater at slapton , beesands I like fishing it in .dark is definitely better then daylight in my opinion
decisions decisions! Really tempted to give Slapton a go over HW in the afternoon. I know it’s daytime but may be worth a shout. Any particular rigs/baits that work best? What end of the Beach is best?

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
decisions decisions! Really tempted to give Slapton a go over HW in the afternoon. I know it’s daytime but may be worth a shout. Any particular rigs/baits that work best? What end of the Beach is best?
I like the middle but there again I don’t think it makes a lot of difference, the ground is pretty clean all the way along

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I whouldnt touch seaton with a barge atm branscome over high or low whould be best shout mate live peeler anywhere along the front further east or west you go the snaggeyer it gets but chance of wrasse or decent rockling on there and Huss at night

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I whouldnt touch seaton with a barge atm branscome over high or low whould be best shout mate live peeler anywhere along the front further east or west you go the snaggeyer it gets but chance of wrasse or decent rockling on there and Huss at night
Thanks for your reply it’s much appreciated! Would you say it’s worth a go tomorrow over high water in the afternoon? Wind is forecast WNW on Met Office for tomorrow so should be okay I guess?

A892352D-A5AC-4955-A479-FC09E77FA1AB.png
2A36835C-E9E6-4896-B122-0498F205D42B.png

Where would be the best place to go? Don’t want to fish rough ground ideally as haven’t got leads made up for it.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Yes mate especially if waters coloured go straight out in fort of carpark your see some timber chalets on the beach to your left as you look out to sea anywhere along there bey good luck

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes mate especially if waters coloured go straight out in fort of carpark your see some timber chalets on the beach to your left as you look out to sea anywhere along there bey good luck
I would like to think so after these winds. I can put up the TF Gear Brolly with Skirt to Shelter from the worst of it. Got some fresh peelers too and of course the fish baits. I gather the closest tackle shop is Seaton?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts