World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out with clients last night, roughing it. A few chances, and once again the fish showed a distinct preference for squid over mackerel. Only the one fish banked, to young Jack, at 6lb 1oz. Going to check my scales later though, cos even on the beach I suggested it would be a scraper 5. Although, I do generally under-estimate fish, it has to be said.

Apologies for the lack of description of the mark, but I am checking out some new ground a little further East, and need to get the pulse before it gets the exposure.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
nice fish there well done rob they do seem to like squid at mo but over the larst few weeks ive had three on blow lug biggest 4lb 1 to macccie 4lb and two at 6 to squid so the bigger ones r loving squid at mo

·
Registered
318 Posts
very nice , hope i get 1 tonight :)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Well done on the fish.Dont think he,s smiling thow as the bass is eating his thumb. Painful :bleh::bleh::bleh:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Lovely fish ! :clap: Save some for me, I'm in the queue too !

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
very nice , hope i get 1 tonight :)
I would leave the surf alone. Weed a big issue. Sunken snot on the ebb, way too much spaghetti on the flood. Been down to Southwick with the same clients. Just one fish, a wee schoollie, and unfortunately to me!! And I only had about three casts. At least they have the one tidy fish to remember their break with.

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
i'm in southwick just 2 mins from the beach, although i can't see the beach itself its pretty windy out the back mate(extra peg's on the washing line!)

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i didnt no u said u been out fishing just inquiring on the strengh of the wind at southwick
lol
Howling. But if there isnt any weed, there isnt any such thing as too much wind at Souhwick on the low, as the water is so shallow that it cant carry any energy. Weed free, a three ounce breakaway is fine. Add the weed - different story.
I just took a gust of 31mph on the weather station here. Got to go, off fishing.......... ;)

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
cheers just wodering if its worth going out 4 couple hours
if weeds a problem u could try standing at the end of the old pipe(few hundred yds down from hot pipe) and casting sideways down the beach to try and miss the first batch of weed, worked for me in the past, obviously then u only fish either side and i did encounter some weed but was better than trying to go through it... bit slippery if you do so be alert and steady and u'll be fine:thumbs:

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
just realised its going to be too high water for that bit of advice i think!?! ifso try going either side of the rocks as it may be better on 1 side up tight to them.......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts