World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed down to Eastbourne sovereign harbour tucked right down in the rocks for 1900. Bait was fresh lug on a pulley pennel and a 2 hook flapper. Low tide was 1944 so chucked out baits to just beyond the surf line. Weather was abysmal, chucking it down with rain and blowing a strong wind. First cast was a double shot of a schoolie and a thumping eel. After wrestling with this and returning the pair I walked back up the beach and had a slack like in the other rod, wound down to a thrashing fish, certainly the biggest fight I've had off the shore. Damn thing snagged me on a rock and the fish was off. Next cast another bite and another bass of 1lb10z. As my new policy is catch and release everything I let it recover in a rock pool before watching it swim off strongly. Numerous birds nests and crack offs occurred so I knocked it on the head. Great session and nice break from the damn whiting. Thanks to paulolo for inspiration for tonight's session!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Nice one mate. Glad I could be of help. And now I'm not the only one that goes out in stupid weather :thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts