World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished Cambridge Road, Eastbourne today as I was on foot and didn't want to walk far n only 1 min from tackle shop so seemed an easy choice. I picked up 20 fresh lug from Tonys Tackle, but they were bloody massive! They looked more like rattlesnakes!
Anyway I set up at 11:30 hoping to fish low tide, about an hour later I got a good hard bite on my pennel rig which was a bass of 36cm, I caught a fish! After so many blanks I actually caught one, and a fish for dinner too. Not long after that I had a bite on my 2 hook flapper rig, another bass of 31cm. After this I became very hopeful but then the bites stopped a couple of hours after low tide. I was just about to pack up and reeled in the pennel rig which had a 50cm eel on it, it wasn't a conger, it was a sandy yellow colour but I don't know if its just called a common eel or a yellow eel, never seen one before but new species for my list. Apparently it came down the outlet pipe I was fishing next to, as so I've been told.
I packed up at 4:00 very happy with 2 bass and an eel, a new species.
Happy days

Attachments

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
Nice one!

Lots of small bass about at the mo, shame the bigger ones not showing as much!

As for the lug, they're very big at the mo, dug some the other day that to look at, you'd never believe they'd been sucked up inside a 22mm pump!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice report and nice photos! well done :showoff:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
as Andy said after reading your previous posts it shows that perseverence has paid off, at times we all go through lean times when others catch well done on your catch, your eel was probably a common.
cheers
Steve

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
as Andy said after reading your previous posts it shows that perseverence has paid off, at times we all go through lean times when others catch well done on your catch, your eel was probably a common.
cheers
Steve
cheers mate, its such a good feeling to see movement on the end of my rod after my recent misadventures! I'd been keeping an eye on the strong SW winds over the last few days and hoping it would bring the food to shore and the bass to feed and it paid off for me, may try again tuesday hoping they're still around!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.