World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished at Cambridge Road yesterday from 6:00pm til 10:30pm, with high tide at around 9pm. I was only using frozen lug as thats all I can get my hands on due to short tides. Up to high tide I didn't get a single bite, but once it reached high tide and darkness fell I started getting bites and got my 1st whiting for the summer, only about 20cm but a welcome return for the whiting. Then straight after on the other rod I got another whiting of about 15cm. I must have started fishing too early because it seemed I'd found a school of whiting from 10pm, but probably all too small at the moment.
The next fish I caught was a big surprise, my 1st red gurnard! I'd never seen one before, this was only about 20cm but still great to catch one, I didn't even know how to hold it! It got returned safely and good to get a fish so uncommon in Eastbourne.
Would have ben nice to get a sizeable fish but still enjoyed it none the less. I've had 2 short sessions here and caught a few fish, compared to my 3 nights at Langney Point where I blanked, and after hearing about the nets so close in and the pair trawlers at the harbour I don't think I'll be returning to the Point any time soon, anyone caught there lately?

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
did the gurnard try and talk to you?..its quite funny when they start grunting at you lol quality report tho and nice to get a new species

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I fished at Cambridge Road yesterday from 6:00pm til 10:30pm, with high tide at around 9pm. I was only using frozen lug as thats all I can get my hands on due to short tides. Up to low tide I didn't get a single bite, but once it reached high tide and darkness fell I started getting bites and got my 1st whiting for the summer, only about 20cm but a welcome return for the whiting. Then straight after on the other rod I got another whiting of about 15cm. I must have started fishing too early because it seemed I'd found a school of whiting from 10pm, but probably all too small at the moment.
The next fish I caught was a big surprise, my 1st red gurnard! I'd never seen one before, this was only about 20cm but still great to catch one, I didn't even know how to hold it! It got returned safely and good to get a fish so uncommon in Eastbourne.
Would have ben nice to get a sizeable fish but still enjoyed it none the less. I've had 2 short sessions here and caught a few fish, compared to my 3 nights at Langney Point where I blanked, and after hearing about the nets so close in and the pair trawlers at the harbour I don't think I'll be returning to the Point any time soon, anyone caught there lately?
Good report fella!

That's a Tub Gurnard btw.:1a:

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts