World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took the staff out today,just like cascars trip really (well in some respects), we went out,like him, i put them on bream 2 mile out so we hopefully had supper for the barbie, and they could get used to the rods, one chap caught 3 including the biggest of the year, went out 15 miles to a wreck, fishes taking my lure but nothing connects, guy goes tom sick, up went the cry "take me to dry land". charter boat turns up and interestingly fishes 10m from me every drift following me to every start, only problem is the angle of the drift and thus the start point, is changing every one and i am missing the wreck! does he know where it is? give in to the puking (vital memeber of staff) and take him home, thats a 35 mile trip done and twice thro the locks by 2 pm, back out with the rest to some inshore wrecks which have produced before but today are empty, and not even enough macky anywhere to get the smoker going. home to tasty baked bream and a couple of grilled macky. crackin day but please give me a break for a normal days fishin!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi ya
I find that when you get those takes you cant connect to they are normally pout and there is often not much else about then time for a move

Chris

G

·
I think the mackies were all over our way Greg. There were loads of them, many up to about a pound and a half. Just finished smoking and vacumm packing them:bleh:

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
hi ..nice report there greg .. the bream are intresting,,chris m is intrested in getting a few before the season is out...maybe we will have a trip that way soon..have you had any tope out there yet..?

pm when you think we can meet up out there...take care andy

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Surprised you didnt get anything half decent if you went "you know where" Greg as its usually very productive.

Still the Bream sound nice i may have a short 4hr trip over Hi water myself today after a few Bream myself.

Still an enjoyable report tho well done, Rob

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice report Greg, we were out last week loads of false bites Cottles loads of them on the rough ground out near the tower, nice to see you had some bream tho, we had a turn up for the books on the sov shoals Greg, Jason my son connected with a good fish, size 1 circle small sandeel, took nice and easy and on the surface nice 13 pound cod slipped in to the net, not an unusaul fish for this area i no, but nice fish for the ground in july.
Graham----Pecheur----

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Good report Greg,well done more bream.Keep the Eastbourne reports coming:1a:.Have you seen Joe,he doesnt appear to be taking mac the knife out much ?

Ian

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi ..nice report there greg .. the bream are intresting,,chris m is intrested in getting a few before the season is out...maybe we will have a trip that way soon..have you had any tope out there yet..?

pm when you think we can meet up out there...take care andy
andy havnt had the chance to get out for a nice leisurley trip at anchor and not certain about handling tope on my tod, anyone got a set of instructions for singlehanded tope wrestling?
greg

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Surprised you didnt get anything half decent if you went "you know where" Greg as its usually very productive.

Still the Bream sound nice i may have a short 4hr trip over Hi water myself today after a few Bream myself.

Still an enjoyable report tho well done, Rob
rob, i did go you know where - wanted to give the crew a good first trip, probably not a fair trial as planned to arrive at high and fish a couple of hours of the tide but mal de mare intervened and we only got in maybe 4 slow drifts. the charter boat was really odd parking so close at the start of every drift- all of which started in a different place and all of which missed the wreck by various degrees, hope the custumers didnt know!
hope the bream trip was a sucess
greg

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice report Greg, we were out last week loads of false bites Cottles loads of them on the rough ground out near the tower, nice to see you had some bream tho, we had a turn up for the books on the sov shoals Greg, Jason my son connected with a good fish, size 1 circle small sandeel, took nice and easy and on the surface nice 13 pound cod slipped in to the net, not an unusaul fish for this area i no, but nice fish for the ground in july.
Graham----Pecheur----
havnt fished the shoals for years, may have to revisit after that story

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good report Greg,well done more bream.Keep the Eastbourne reports coming:1a:.Have you seen Joe,he doesnt appear to be taking mac the knife out much ?

Ian
ian
havnt seen or heard from him since the day we went out together
greg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts