World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a grey day !!!The forecast was F3-4 but getting much worse later.A Bass trip was planned so on the boat we met at 8am with plenty of live sandeels in the cooler box.A few flying drifts over rough ground and a few wrecks on the way out which didnt produce much.So we made our way quickly to mid channel then if it blew up we could shoot back in,but even though the skipper tried wreck after wreck, the Bass just didnt really want to play or eat our sandeels.A few of us then started trying shads and gills and before long we were getting pollack and the odd cod.With the weather getting worse and the rain chucking it down we started to move in and tried another wreck when 1 of the guys got 2 bass in 2 drops on a bluey yellow gill.A few more drifts and the wind ,rain and sea was getting worse and it was time to head back.Total kept for the day 2 cod around the 5-6lb mark, 2 good sized Bass and about 6 pollack the biggest being a lovely fish just over 15lb.Most fish taken on gills the bluey yellow pattern doing best.Sorry no pics wind ,heavy rain n digi cameras dont get on too well.:)

Also if any of the guys who drove down from Leicester early this morning as they were booked on a charter trip only to be told on the quayside they are not going out are reading this.Please post or PM me im sure we can put you in touch with a good skipper that wont have you driving halfway across the UK on a Sunday morning for a total waste of time .:uhuh:

All the best
SD

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Nice post SeaDonkey. Sorry about the weather as we had a fantastic day friday!!!

I have yet to find these bluey-yellow gills! Jerry claimed that black worms with red tails were the all round best and that the smallest lures worked better on the inshore wrecks although the cod seemed to like orange.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Also if any of the guys who drove down from Leicester early this morning as they were booked on a charter trip only to be told on the quayside they are not going out are reading this.Please post or PM me im sure we can put you in touch with a good skipper that wont have you driving halfway across the UK on a Sunday morning for a total waste of time .:uhuh:
That is so outof order :mad:
I`m just a pleasure fisherman on the south coast , but i wouldn`t had someone come from even london down today with the forecast.
I hope they spread the word about that skipper.

Alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts