World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont you think its been gr8 on the sunshine front but where the fishing has been concerned its been absolute pants.........why ? ..The easterlies ...does anyone know when they are gonna change ? they cant go on for much longer:schmoll:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Dont you think its been gr8 on the sunshine front but where the fishing has been concerned its been absolute pants.........why ? ..The easterlies ...does anyone know when they are gonna change ? they cant go on for much longer:schmoll:
I had a Madras tonight so I will do my best to swing it to a SW Andy!:blink: , be there for the thon Mr if you can.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Sunday night is the one. Winds turn SW, biggish tide, Bass inundate the beaches during the flood after massing just offshore all week, 3 hours of arm aching action to follow. Believe me, I had a dream about it........

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Them winds a right pain, cant launch over the week end,we got it in the south east...doh

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got to agree as soon as the wind goes w - sw the fish will be going mental for anything ........so lets all wait a bit longer then hit them hard

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
sunday wind turning south west hooray

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Forecast I'm getting is fairly stiff SW winds for Sunday and Monday. Could be the coloured water that see's the squid depart! Not good for my planned tope trip on monday though............

·
Registered
532 Posts
Apparently Bass couldn't give a monkeys which way the wind's blowing, as long as there's surf they will be there, had two tuesday at Pev bay, albeit only around 37cm each. 3 a couple of weeks ago, biggest 47cm

ment to go tonight but can't make it, mores the pity, I do know there has been a couple of 3-4 pounders caught this week in these easterlies. Maybe it's just along here that goes well with these winds, don't know.

Will try the old sandeel close in on my next visit to the beach,.......ever hopefull of a goodun.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
how do you pull up half a pollock ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gib here. Thanks for the pointers H.A. Here's what happened to the bass and pollock.

Think I'll be going down on Saturday again, failing that I'll definitely be there monday. Gotta work on my reel though, just noticed it's kinda falling apart at the handle arm/shaft. Does anybody have an old/unused but reliable reel I can inherit for perhaps £10 - £15?

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Will try Sunday, low up for a couple of hours using sandeel 20yds or so into the surf. The wind looks likely to be around 17mph SW, so working on the theory that if it's been fishing qiute well for the Bass in these easterlies, then it should fish even better in a SW......................Oh, for ever optimistic me!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Gib here. Thanks for the pointers H.A. Here's what happened to the bass and pollock.

Think I'll be going down on Saturday again, failing that I'll definitely be there monday. Gotta work on my reel though, just noticed it's kinda falling apart at the handle arm/shaft. Does anybody have an old/unused but reliable reel I can inherit for perhaps £10 - £15?
Blimey, that's well undersize! :uhuh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts