World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Eastney with a mate lastnight from low water to the top.
Lovely night for it ,clear skys with a northerly breeze.
After pulling in 3 small bass on the first two casts i got a decent drop back ,winding in i thought it was a decent fish only to be fooled with a triple shot of 2 Bass and a coddling of about 1lb (bloody hell)
Anyway the bass seemed to thin out as the tide rose and the pout really came on the feed.
After a while i was fed up with the pout so both rods went in close (about 5yrds)with lug and whole squid Cocktails.
They had been out about 30 mins when one rod banged down then sprang back ,after a spirited struggle i landed a bass of 5lb 1oz .
I cant remember the names my mate called me but yes it was pretty jammy
Fished with big baits untill 0300 with only one good bight to show .
Cracking nights fishing ,bass,coddling,pout,dab,pollocks.
Mate also had a coddling as did the chap next to me ,all very strange but very welcome

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Fished Eastney with a mate lastnight from low water to the top.
Lovely night for it ,clear skys with a northerly breeze.
After pulling in 3 small bass on the first two casts i got a decent drop back ,winding in i thought it was a decent fish only to be fooled with a triple shot of 2 Bass and a coddling of about 1lb (bloody hell)
Anyway the bass seemed to thin out as the tide rose and the pout really came on the feed.
After a while i was fed up with the pout so both rods went in close (about 5yrds)with lug and whole squid Cocktails.
They had been out about 30 mins when one rod banged down then sprang back ,after a spirited struggle i landed a bass of 5lb 1oz .
Fished with big baits untill 0300 with only one good bight to show .
Cracking nights fishing ,bass,coddling,pout,dab,pollocks.
Mate also had a coddling as did the chap next to me ,all very strange but very welcome

Excellente! Nice result there bud well done. Jammy i think not mate, sounds like you know how to fish to me.
Did the 5lber get bagged or did it swim another day?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellente! Nice result there bud well done. Jammy i think not mate, sounds like you know how to fish to me.
Did the 5lber get bagged or did it swim another day?
Kept it for the tabe mate.(Tin hat on)
90% of the bass i get do go back but everynow and then i take a good one to eat.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Kept it for the tabe mate.(Tin hat on)
90% of the bass i get do go back but everynow and then i take a good one to eat.
Fair play mate, And rightly so, Nice to enjoy the fruits of your labour every once in a while, thats why i now cant fit into my 36 waist jeans, i am slowly thinning down and soon i may have womanly hips, Haven't caught a fish of edible size since urm not too sure actually, :uhuh:

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
John...........Sounds like you had a great sesh there mate, well done. :clap3: I am cheating again on Monday (fishing Eastney from a boat......can't wait). Now just watch the weather louse it up for us!!

Take care.

Andy. :)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Well done John.

Nice to hear about the big Bass, I am very envious, fresh Bass is the best

·
Registered
975 Posts
I can - shall I remind you :blink:
Seriously - a great fish - well done, worth ignoring the small fry for those although my big baits were ignored :unsure:
I was just pleased to have 20 + fish & another cod !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts