World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well done to the publicity thats been provided about the Plaice fishing at this venue.Arrived this morning to find a Trawler working the patch so it does seem they read the local rags,
The Trawler in question worked the one area only.
Remember the old saying WALLS HAVE EARS , well so effing skippers :schmoll:

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
I really don't think that skippers will need to read this site to find out where the fish are, if they are anygood at their job they should know where they are and when they are there from previous years.

What about all the other venues that have been fishing well lately? They don't appear to be infested with trawlers. :g: Im not sticking up for trawling that close to shore but I just don't think they run their Business from what is writen on a forum.

I have been to Eastney recently and seen these trawlers running up and down the beach but in their defence they never had their nets out. Im not saying they don't but I have not seen any yet.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Well done to the publicity thats been provided about the Plaice fishing at this venue.Arrived this morning to find a Trawler working the patch so it does seem they read the local rags,
Did you happen to notice the numbers on the vessel?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello mate,
I get the Idea you are a bit steamed up!
The reality is? The fisherman that run these commercial fishing boats weren't born yesterday! They could probably teach us all a thing or two about the behavior's of fish and where to find them. I agree, it is a bit cheeky when they turn up on the beach to catch fish, but remember that they are driven to it!
The sea's around the uk have been sold! out for an awful long time, its not all our own fishermen doing it! It's (edit) politics !
We've got to be able to share a few stories amongst ourselves though! or what's the point of the forum?

·
Registered
872 Posts
i think the most annoying thing is that the gits come so close inshore with there nets im quite sure that it is illegal to net so close to the shore.:uhuh:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
It was no trawler it was a welk potter!

·
Registered
872 Posts
well in all fairness netters should be not allowed within a certain distance from the shore in my humble opinon,they have a boat ffs get out there and get the fish stay well away from the beach:uhuh:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
well in all fairness netters should be not allowed within a certain distance from the shore in my humble opinon,they have a boat ffs get out there and get the fish stay well away from the beach:uhuh:
agreed, but theres nothing we can do about it:schmoll:

·
Registered
872 Posts
agreed, but theres nothing we can do about it:schmoll:
no i know m8y i have tried ringing up a few places and they said the same it just astounds me that they have the advantage surely it would be better to net out near the forts thats got some sand banks there for plaice.

it would be nice for a law to come out for netters to not come any closer than 500yards from the shore:)

·
Registered
279 Posts
id like to see a law that bans commercial fishing inside 12 miles of the shore this would protect bass stocks and other fish stocks.also would love to see a max and min size limit to all fish as they do in florida.It has turned there rod and line industry around in under 10 years and now makes more money for there fisheries than commercail fishing ever did.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We have had an inshore netting ban in South Australian gulf waters for a few years now,and the fishing has improved a lot.I can't understand why the authorities over there,where fish are under so much pressure,still allow it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts