World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally caught two plaice at Eastney yesterday, 2lb 4oz and 1lb. One other bloke caught one of 3lb 13oz. I also had a scorpion fish, Dab and a schoolie. Will be written up in my diary when I fix my diary!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Nice one rob, good to see a couple more come out ! when you next planning an outing?

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one rob, good to see a couple more come out ! when you next planning an outing?
Today. Managed another couple. Saw one other caught. Missed one bite, which is gutting cos you cant do that on this beach! Am out on the boat in the same area tomorrow, and fishing a match in Worthing tomorrow night. Next trip to Eastney will be next week, when there is a flood and ebb to fish in daylight (only got the flood today and yesterday) I'm pretty flexible, so if you fancy it we can give it a go when you are free. I will also invite Mr Beachams to say thankyou for his casting session the other day.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Today. Managed another couple. Saw one other caught. Missed one bite, which is gutting cos you cant do that on this beach! Am out on the boat in the same area tomorrow, and fishing a match in Worthing tomorrow night. Next trip to Eastney will be next week, when there is a flood and ebb to fish in daylight (only got the flood today and yesterday) I'm pretty flexible, so if you fancy it we can give it a go when you are free. I will also invite Mr Beachams to say thankyou for his casting session the other day.
Fancy a go myself next week but Monday is the only day that I can make it and the weather doesn't look too good. Do you buy your bait down there ? I guess its mainly rag and a couple of crabs if you've got them ? Monday high is 11:17 I think so it doesn't leave much time to pick up bait before fishing the flood which I suppose is the prime time.

Don't imagine the chances of me catching anything are high but it would be good to at least have go. If anyone is planning a trip on Monday let me know and I'll look out for you if I make it.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fancy a go myself next week but Monday is the only day that I can make it and the weather doesn't look too good. Do you buy your bait down there ? I guess its mainly rag and a couple of crabs if you've got them ? Monday high is 11:17 I think so it doesn't leave much time to pick up bait before fishing the flood which I suppose is the prime time.

Don't imagine the chances of me catching anything are high but it would be good to at least have go. If anyone is planning a trip on Monday let me know and I'll look out for you if I make it.
I bought rag in Lockstock Tackle for the beach. It was superb, still very lively and in good condition tonight. My skipper got rag from Solent tackle for today, and that was also excellent and strangely (small tides) huge!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I went down to Eastney yesterday for a recce and to take some photo's for my blog. *I fished the afternoon just east of the yellow shelter. Not a bite all day !, a couple of blokes arrived later in the afternoon and I did see that one of them had a fish ( one guy in blue/yellow jacket and one less colourful who was 'pandemonium' casting.... was that you Mr Fishyrob?) It was a great day to be out on the beach in the sunshine, i had a chat with a local chap who said a young boy had caught a 4lb fish very close in, that slipper limpets with rag was the favoured bait there and finally that the chap from the tackle shop had won £100,000 on a lottery scratchcard.
Coincidentally I was told that it will cost that amount to fix the end of the pier where a few planks missing has closed the pier to fishing.
From the pile of sh*te left on the upper deck I see someone still fishes there, newspaper, plastic bags, rod bag, cloth food wrappers and a large bottle of fizzy drink; I suppose that's the clue that whoever left it is under 15.... otherwise it would be cheap lager cans instead of fizzy drink. To the student of masterful vandalism this little section was a textbook example: part of the decorative ballustrading kicked out, seat planks ripped of, graffiti on the bits left and rubbish everywhere. No wonder fishing is being banned in more and more areas.

* will add to my blog when it's windy and rainy..... the sun is shining and I'm going fishing.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went down to Eastney yesterday for a recce and to take some photo's for my blog. *I fished the afternoon just east of the yellow shelter. Not a bite all day !, a couple of blokes arrived later in the afternoon and I did see that one of them had a fish ( one guy in blue/yellow jacket and one less colourful who was 'pandemonium' casting.... was that you Mr Fishyrob?) It was a great day to be out on the beach in the sunshine, i had a chat with a local chap who said a young boy had caught a 4lb fish very close in, that slipper limpets with rag was the favoured bait there and finally that the chap from the tackle shop had won £100,000 on a lottery scratchcard.
Coincidentally I was told that it will cost that amount to fix the end of the pier where a few planks missing has closed the pier to fishing.
From the pile of sh*te left on the upper deck I see someone still fishes there, newspaper, plastic bags, rod bag, cloth food wrappers and a large bottle of fizzy drink; I suppose that's the clue that whoever left it is under 15.... otherwise it would be cheap lager cans instead of fizzy drink. To the student of masterful vandalism this little section was a textbook example: part of the decorative ballustrading kicked out, seat planks ripped of, graffiti on the bits left and rubbish everywhere. No wonder fishing is being banned in more and more areas.

* will add to my blog when it's windy and rainy..... the sun is shining and I'm going fishing.
Hi Keith. That wasnt me you saw there, but I saw you. I was about 500 yards off the beach in the charter boat moonshine. For the record, at low tide, at five hundred yards, the depth is eight feet. At the top of the tide (although they were small tides) there is fifteen feet. We werent on any bank, so that must be general for the area. I've heard people talk of holes, but I should imagine that they ae more shallow depressions. And there was so little tide, that to get a bait to move, I resorted to float fishing. Caught two on the float, and one on the bottom. We had eleven in total, to six anglers, biggest 2lb 9oz. Will put the piccys up in the diary in a little while. Got issues with space though, so need to transfer my domain elsewhere.

G

·
Is there any point fishing Eastney beach this weekend or will it be mobbed and the tides wrong? Looks like a low at 3.30pm.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there any point fishing Eastney beach this weekend or will it be mobbed and the tides wrong? Looks like a low at 3.30pm.
I would fish it, but I would get on the beach and be tackle up ready to cast as the sun rises. That way you will get the best of the flood, and the best of the ebb, plus you will get a lot of fishing done before the beach gets busy. I was off the beach in a boat yesterday, and the beach was suprisingly empty, only about eight rods along the whole stretch.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello fishyrob,

See you've been fishing then!
How did you get on in the match, I see you haven't mentioned it?
What did Mr Churchill think on the D then?

OCB.
Hello chap. Match was bad from the start. The one hour late start. Then didnt make themoney and got clamped. Enough said.....
Left Pete one Dvice, as I had left the others in the car. He will try it next time he is out uptiding. A few hounds starting to be caught now. Finally caught ip with my diary, so Eastney and Moonshine all in there now.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't rule out Hayling this coming week. Much better on the Springs.

Amazingly an 18lbs smoothhound reported after dark last week to limpet!
I'm guessing you are talking bass here Adrian? I think I will be lurking around Brighton for these big tides. We have already seen fish of 12.5lb and 8lb on the last set. I would like to catch up with you again though. I have something to show you, that I think you will appreciate. Especially as you like to think outside the box, so to speak. Now your worried.....

·
Banned
431 Posts
rob if you want his mobile number m8 let me no and il pm it to you also he is a casting instructor m8

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
fishy rob what website did u make your website on? plz m8 :) :)
Mr Ernie Eels. I originally had it on Freenetname.co.uk, which is now part of madasafish, but they wont let me have any more webspace, and my dead dog is more technical than thier tech support staff, so will be paying small money and moving it to these guys :- http://www.streamline.net/hs.php for a more professional service. I just did a website for a chap in iceland (www.icelandfishingtours.co.uk) which I put on their servers, and I am very happy with the results. I will also be putting my tackle developements on its own site with these guys in the near future.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts