World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last couple of weeks it seems like the plaice have movrd away from eastney now guys with only a handfull of them still at eastney.I havant heard of loads of plaice coming of the beach now just the odd 1 or 2 fish being caught from the shore.Even the boats fishing of the front and by the second gate (blocks) arny doing very well.so the time has come to now to give up on eastney and concerntrate on hayling and see if anythink is coming of there.Eastney will come alive in the night for the bass pouting etc,now the plaice may have moved to gosport beaches now.stokesbay,brandown,to name a few beaches.As now the warmer weather is starting to come in so will be the spider crabs 1 little nip your hook gone.we might get a run of plaice at the end of april or the middle of may then thats it for another year for them plaice,as the plaice were in early this year prob due to the water temps.so after the 1 april il be on the many different beaches catching them rays,bass,smutts.I have been informed that west bex is having a good run of plaice at the min and its only just started down there.So lets keep our fingers x and pray they are still there on the 28 of next month for the ppl that are coming down to eastney this sun If you have any crab ordered then cancel them as it will be a waste of money as crab aint working down here for the plaice.Crab will prob work at westbexington and for the ppl who will be staying over night then you might catch an early smutt or to if you have crab.going back about eastney the plaice have gone but im not saying that some fish wont show up on sunday.Im just saying that they wont show up in any numbers like they did do the over the last month.Reasons why the plaice have gone
1 trawlers up and down the beach day and night
2 Long liners(boats have been doing this,they leave them out there for the hole tide)
3 Every 1 that has been fishing the beach and catching the plaice have been taking them home(i dont mean every single angler )
Last year was a good year for the plaice,this year has proved better than last year.As for next year it could be better than this year,but my thoughts are that next year will be a crap year for them.If you look at the cod years you get 4 years the 4th year always better than the first 2,3.after the 4th year has gone .And the spring run has stopped the fishing leading up to the cycle all starts again and the 1st year has always been crap only small coddling around say about 8oz to a 1lb mark the second year they get bigger then it goes like that untill the 4th year when there are big cod around.Then it starts all over again.
So this is what is happing with the plaice.I hane spent 2 night looking threw old diarys relating to catch reports,hi tides,low tides,and the weather and wind direction.Many anglers who have been fishing for many many years will no this but for those ppl who are just getting into our sport will not no this.
tight lines
lee

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Howie - I have had the same thoughts but without the proof! What else are we likelly to catch at Eastney in daylight hours? Flounder, Dabs, Pout, Rockling?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Hi Howie - I have had the same thoughts but without the proof! What else are we likelly to catch at Eastney in daylight hours? Flounder, Dabs, Pout, Rockling?
not much tom. i have fished 2 whole days down there in the last week and only one fish to show for my efforts!
its a very slow venue!!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Slayer - is the pier open at the moment?

Is Eastney the best venue for this Sun? I'm tempted to fish elsewhere if I'm going to be sitting on my arse all day catching nowt and spending £30-£40 in the process.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post your report.

i fished Eastney yesterday 12-4 and never had a bite.

Nobody around me seemed to be doing anything as well.

I think I will move on to Hayling for a couple of weeks then on to the IOW trying the backend.

Then its on to Bournemouth for the sole.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi m8 you dont really catch rockling around here just the odd 1,2 flounders and dabs yeah but i think its a hit and miss with them bud.but flounders and dabs should be what you should target on sunday and if a bonus plaice swallows the hook then thats a bonus aint it.around here now the fishing will start to slow down and most ppl will target the bass after night fall now.If the water was coloured then it wouldnt make any difference really but here its very shallow water and gin clear.If the water was deeper then perhaps the fish would stay around slightly longer.As fishyrob and myself has said eastney is a very hard venue to fish at the beast of times and it can be a real cruel beach to the new comers who travel miles and miles in hope of a decent fish m8.The bus shelter was a good mark for the plaice but the plaice seem to have either moved away from the shelter or simply have gone now as the shelter was getting hammered by the trawlers and anglers.So il be fishing this sunday but il try a different mark on the beach and if there is any fish to be had plaice,dabs,flounders,and perhaps a doggie or to them this mark should throw up a fish or to and it will be slightly deeper than the bus shelter.I no a lot of ppl will read this and think im trying to throw them of the bus shelter im not your welcome to fish that mark but il be trying my luck abilitys skill etc on a different mark but still on eastney beach

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the beads will make a difference and so will flashy blades etc all will make a difference bud but not if there aint any fish around m8.the end of the pier is closed to anglers and the public m8 as stated in othere threads and no one knowns when it will be open top deck open bottom deck closed as there is damage to the pier m8 if bagstar orginised this meet say 4 weeks ago then everyone that is coming down would of gone home with a smile on there face but now i think ppl will say eastney is $hit beach as no fish but it aint bagstars fault.This time last year last week in march the plaice were in and loads of ppl were catching so join the rest of the ppl this sunday and give it ago like everyone else will be doing m8 hit /miss it will be a good day cant guarantee the weather or the fish but ppl will enjoy them selfs no matter what the out come it will be a good day if pp want any help on there casting then pm me and we will work something out before the time the comp starts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I'll be up for a few pointers on my casting Howie, something I can take away and practice another time.

I've got plenty of spangley bits and pieces in my tackle box. Bait is ordered and car is full of petrol ready to go!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Is the Pier open?

anyone having rigs or weights off me who are not planning on going now. can they please let me know ASAP and i will try to get the gear posted to them.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you do make me laugh h.a with your comments i can see what your trying to say as you rate hayling very well cause you live on the beach and no when and were to fish it but i think that the plaice have almost gone from eastney and they will start to show at hayling very soon they are prob on either the west winner bank now or the east winner bank.It dont make any difference if ppl report on here or not as once the trawlers have found the fish that mark will get hammered too.i no its wrong what the trawlers are doing coming with in casting range of the beach and then trawling about 300 yrds from the shore and taking anythink the nets get they dont give a toss who they upset and who are we to fight them.we can give then verbal abuse from the shore and they will do the same from there boats we cannot stop them trawling with in range of the shore and they no they are taking the pi$$ doing it but they will continue to do it day in day out night in night out.there should be a law and i think there is but any trawler found trawling with in a 2 mile radius should have a big fat fine and the next time they get caught they should have there licence taken away from them

·
Registered
872 Posts
pier can still be fished at night guys(boat deck)just got to be carefull my m8 went there last night with another friend 3 plaice were caught at the mussel bed spot i mentioned a while ago 3.5lb,4.2lb,3lb so night time still seems to be productive off the pier plus they had a couple of bass biggest 3.5lb so they had a good session lets hope its not a one off:unsure:

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if anyone wants any advise on casting then meet me near the bus shelter about 730 ish and il do my best to help everyone out and that also means yes you paul dont worry i aint forgoten m8

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what can i smell think someone on here is telling lies to ppl oh well

L

·
0 Posts
Is anyone - HHAC? - coordinating this meet now? If so who is going to decide (and when) whether the venue is changed or not - there are several people who are going to provide rigs/bait etc that could get let down badly if this just folds!
I'm still planning on coming on Sunday - its just a matter of where!

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lockstock m8 it was bagstar who arranged this meet as far as im aware its still eastney and its still on i have only said that the plaice have gone from the shelter area and il still be fishing eastney come this sunday the beach is starts from the pier and goes all the way along to the public toilets about 2 miles long il still be fishing the beach but me and a couple of others will be fishing a different part of the beach that holds deeper water and thats were the fish will be i recon so everyone can still meet at the bus shelter at 830 i think was the time and then fish were ever they want on the beach then when the meet/comp has finished they can all meet back up at the bus shelter but il leave this to john bagstar to sort out as its his call on this meet

·
Registered
872 Posts
what can i smell think someone on here is telling lies to ppl oh well[/QUOTE

if your talking about me howie then i can give u the number of the bloke who told me and ask him direct im only going on info that is passed to me so i thought i would share it on the forum,(if this information is incorrect then i opoligise to those that have read it)but considering hes not in the habit of liying about fish hes caught then im willing to take his word for it,im sorry if that is not good enough for the likes of u howie but tough titties we cant plz everyone....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts