World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well having Monday off and the tides being good(if not excellent) tossed the coin and went down to the beach. As i got there a pair leaving that had been fishing through the day with a nice bass and flattie. Looking out into the flat calm you could see large bass chasing fry. It all looked good.

So back to the car, got set up as it was getting dark , mixture of baits, some smallish rag, good black lug, peelers, squid, and some mackerel giving by one of the guys who had been fishing during the day. Put a fillet on the bass rod, put it out 30yrds. then on the other a 2 hook bomber with a lug sausage tipped with rag. I sat and waited for action to happen, well for the next two hours nothing, swapped the bait on the close rod a couple of times with whole squid and double peeler.

Rod tip on the distance rod gave a nod then slammed over, felt some thing there but not what i thought was a fish, a small smoothie pup was the result. Then a couple of jumbo pout, but then nothing for another two hours.

Was now getting a bit hacked off as the conditioning warranted some better fish. The bass rod slammed over and went slack, i was on it in seconds but nothing there B****CKS, then it was about 2am i have had enough. Was thinking of making it an all nighter but could not summon the effort with fishing that slow.

Was thinking of going to either Selsey or Hillhead, so hope they didnt fish any better or i will be very hacked.

Still next time, it always next time thank god.

TF:giveup::giveup::giveup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well having Monday off and the tides being good(if not excellent) tossed the coin and went down to the beach. As i got there a pair leaving that had been fishing through the day with a nice bass and flattie. Looking out into the flat calm you could see large bass chasing fry. It all looked good.

So back to the car, got set up as it was getting dark , mixture of baits, some smallish rag, good black lug, peelers, squid, and some mackerel giving by one of the guys who had been fishing during the day. Put a fillet on the bass rod, put it out 30yrds. then on the other a 2 hook bomber with a lug sausage tipped with rag. I sat and waited for action to happen, well for the next two hours nothing, swapped the bait on the close rod a couple of times with whole squid and double peeler.

Rod tip on the distance rod gave a nod then slammed over, felt some thing there but not what i thought was a fish, a small smoothie pup was the result. Then a couple of jumbo pout, but then nothing for another two hours.

Was now getting a bit hacked off as the conditioning warranted some better fish. The bass rod slammed over and went slack, i was on it in seconds but nothing there B****CKS, then it was about 2am i have had enough. Was thinking of making it an all nighter but could not summon the effort with fishing that slow.

Was thinking of going to either Selsey or Hillhead, so hope they didnt fish any better or i will be very hacked.

Still next time, it always next time thank god.

TF:giveup::giveup::giveup:
Hi trigger i fished pagham last night had 2 pout early on then nothing , about 3 hrs b4 hw the tide started 2 run and so did the po#y weed bl##dy nightmare tons of the stuff all up the line after 10 mins rigs getting washed right round , packed up about about 12ish pi##ed off as conditions looked good. Going to hayling tonight as i've got the week off.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WELL THAT MAKES ME FEEL A LITTLE BETTER, BUT FEEL FOR YOU.

WILL BE GOING OUT WEDNESDAY NIGHT AS WELL, SO ANYONE GOING OUT. LOOKING FOR A BETTER RESULT, MAY GO DOWN TO CLARENCE TO HAVE A BASH AT SOME MORE SOLE , OR BITE THE BULLET AND GO OVER TO LEE AND HAVE A GO WITH SOME OF THE BOYS ACROSS THE WATER.

COIN TOSSING TIME.

WILL LET YOU KNOW.

TF:clap3::clap3::clap3:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts