World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im looking for a few different places in Dorset to try fishing this summer, Im looking for venues that aren't to much of a walk and have good camping nearby. I normally fish the beach at Seatown every summer but to be honest the fishing seems to have gone down hill slightly, also getting bored of Chesil all the time.

I will be camping with the missus and she won't want to stay on a farm site or anything like that, it has to have a bar (for me) and a decent toilet block (for her).

Cheers

·
Registered
258 Posts
hi bagstar. there are loads of came sites around the purbecks. sandford park is pretty large and has the BAR and toilets/showers, its about a 25-30 mins drive to plenty of rock marks like kimmeridge and lulworth which are good for dawn bass and plenty of wrasse by day. its also about 25- 30 mins from swanage bay so u can get some beach/pier action in. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi Bagstar,

Freshwater might be a good spot.

http://www.freshwaterbeach.co.uk/

its between west bay & burton bradstock & has its own stretch of beach, good for flatties.
Can second that, had a cracking time there last summer had my first ever Horse mackeral on a spinner. Camp site was good but the pitches are a bit small for our liking.

Woodster

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Bagstar,

Freshwater might be a good spot.

http://www.freshwaterbeach.co.uk/

its between west bay & burton bradstock & has its own stretch of beach, good for flatties.
Thanks for the info but I have been there before and it is still on CHesil beach, im looking for somewhere away from Chesil. Fed up with Macky bashers all summer and having to fight for a spotr on the beach!

G

·
Try Swanage

A couple of very good campsites of varying degrees of poshness.
Very posh at the Studland end of town, ok up the hill the other side and then progressively worse.

Fishing can be exceptional around the rock marks with Bass, Pollack, Mackeral, Wrasse, Bream, Conger all making an appearance.

Up the road you also have Poole harbour with flatties and mullet as well as Bass again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts