World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I live in liskeard and I am looking for somewhere to take my father float fishing. He is partially disabled and cannot reach most rock marks as there are too many steep walks. We need somewhere he can spin for mackerel etc and not too far from the car.
Can anyone help, I would love to get him active again as after a serious operation he has become quite withdrawn
Thanks
Chris

·
Banned
44,187 Posts
Hi All, I live in liskeard and I am looking for somewhere to take my father float fishing. He is partially disabled and cannot reach most rock marks as there are too many steep walks. We need somewhere he can spin for mackerel etc and not too far from the car.
Can anyone help, I would love to get him active again as after a serious operation he has become quite withdrawn
Thanks
Chris
Mevagissey would be my first thought.

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Mevagissey would be my first thought.
first time i went there it was like a picture postcard great place even the dead fish they chuck in when sorting the catch out looked good as well i will return some day once i get my passport sorted lol...

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I've posted a few marks in the Lizard area on my blog, click on the wheelchair access logo to bring up marks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Port Gaverne is fairly easy access, but probably doesn't get as crowded as other easy marks-good for macky, with some gars caught in summer
No steep climbs, but probably 200 yards to the end of the headland

G

·
I've posted a few marks in the Lizard area on my blog, click on the wheelchair access logo to bring up marks.
Agreed Mullion is good - I caught loads there float fishing as a kid! Also another fishable (over high) with a float is Gorran Haven. But many of the harbours offer the sort of fishing you want - just check the tides to make sure of some water!

G

·
I know you said Cornwall but Mountbatten isn't too far from Liskeard, Excellent access, float fishing is the norm and most people don't blank there. (Fish about 12-15' on the float with a size 6 hook and mackie)
Good Luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
how about porthleven by the "the ship Inn" easy acces for wrasse and pollack and good deep waters , mind you havent fished it for 5 years or so ..

·
Banned
44,187 Posts
how about porthleven by the "the ship Inn" easy acces for wrasse and pollack and good deep waters , mind you havent fished it for 5 years or so ..
Not a bad idea, but Liskeard to Porthleven during tourist season would not be my idea of a fun drive.:unsure:

Charlestown is another Harbour you can float fish from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts