World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The three doors at gravesend is a very easy access mark to fish, except to catch eels, bass, flounder and the odd sole in the summer. Winter species are pout, whiting and a few codling,public car park across the road, blue badge parking right next to the mark, I've had some very good flounder from this mark in the past all the normal baits work lug, rag, you don't need a long cast 60 yyards is plenty, nice safe venue with railing in front of you, benches to plop your but on, ok not the best mark on the Thames but some people do need a easy access mark

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent. Thanks for posting. I fancy fishing the Thames this year and this is really helpful. Any info about tidal flow and heights?
this mark can be fished on the small tides,the tide run aint to bad i only use a 5 or 6 ounce breakaway with no problems,ive done better hear on the bigger tides btw,i use to fish this mark on a short 4 hour trip 2 up and 2 down

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dolphin angling just across the road,chip shop just up the road and the three doors does a nice pint,ive seen some nice mullet over the side next to the three doors pier legs but i aint never fished for the mullet there tho,bluesteve wont give me a permit for mullet fishing in the thames

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Drop a net down the wall for live shrimp flounder love them
To the right of this venue is the old Clarendon hotel don't cast far as snaggy but chucks up some large flounders

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
thank you its a ideal venue for a old geezer like me and blue badge parking. will be trying soon as found it on google earth good spot to chill an catch a few while listening to radio quietly. Many thanks for info

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drop a net down the wall for live shrimp flounder love them
To the right of this venue is the old Clarendon hotel don't cast far as snaggy but chucks up some large flounders
use to fish the clarendon years ago spot on there is hench flounder there,use to fish next to the flag pole on the green,they dont allow fishing now tho i dont think

·
LURE TOSSER
2,769 Posts
The story has it the pub had 3 doors, made for any easier escape when the press gangs or "customs" came calling....

There was also another way out but only at low water
If you look at photo 1
Follow the blue railing until the wall turns right, under here was an archway with a passage into the cellars. It got filled in and covered up when the redid the sea defences.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The story has it the pub had 3 doors, made for any easier escape when the press gangs or "customs" came calling....

There was also another way out but only at low water
If you look at photo 1
Follow the blue railing until the wall turns right, under here was an archway with a passage into the cellars. It got filled in and covered up when the redid the sea defences.
was the entrance like the one thats at the bottom of pier road ?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Use to drink in the 3 daws and lester the owner since the 80's confirmed there was an escape tunnel behind the chimney breast,but wouldnt confirm where it led to and also confirmed there was two other escape tunnels but wouldnt say exactly where they led to accept that one of them led to river but was only usable on low tide!!! vey old pub the same as the ship n lobster which was mentioned in a dickens novel great expectations,but was referred to as the "ship"

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Use to drink in the 3 daws and lester the owner since the 80's confirmed there was an escape tunnel behind the chimney breast,but wouldnt confirm where it led to and also confirmed there was two other escape tunnels but wouldnt say exactly where they led to accept that one of them led to river but was only usable on low tide!!! vey old pub the same as the ship n lobster which was mentioned in a dickens novel great expectations,but was referred to as the "ship"
aint had a pint in there for yonks,nice bit of history that cheers bud

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No I believe that was to allow people to disembark from the ship's for the zoo.
The 3 daws was only about an 8ft archway,
was that
now thats what i call a history lesson,never new that thanks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.