World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
thats why i wont eat the crap they serve ever since the local takeaway got busted for dog in there freezer. bunch of sickos:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
the bloke said it was gutted so it must of been nerves when it was served but,to scale that fish still alive and then cut it open is just sick,japs are just wrong full stop!.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The chinese seem infatuated by demonstrating the freshness of the meat dishes they serve - often to the point when westerners are unable to eat what is presented to them as a result of this.

It's just a culture thing, to be honest I'm not sure the way chickens, sheep, pigs, cows and the like are despatched in the west is any less barbaric...

ATB
Billy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Obviously the lessons learnt from the [FONT=arial, helvetica, homerton]old woman who swallowed a fly hasn't reached the east yet :)
[/FONT]

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
japs sickos??? dont think so

have you seen a fishmonger butcher aload of eels!
pretty gross with them thrashing about!
how british is jellied eel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
i agree with the second comment, it's just sick, (and there aint much that turns my stomach).

there's absolutely no need to be doing that, it would be just as fresh as if killed first. anyone who thinks otherwise is just a tad on the derranged side on mental.

barbaric would be a better term, then again, not much different to watching an angler throw a 'keeper' fish to the floor, left to suffocate, rather than kill it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is hardly new, the japanese have been doing this for years its called Ikizukuri and is like live sashimi. The flesh is cut from the live fish and eaten immediately. .

·
Registered
489 Posts
I don't give a monkeys whether its traditional, its wrong and sick to cause uneccessary suffering, and people who don't know or care that animals feel pain need to be educated. I agree that our abbatoires leave alot to be desired but at least there is the intention of killing quickly. I wonder if that clip was filmed in Britain, and if so would old bill be interested ?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
My sister, who now lives in Australia, has told me horror stories of Japanese friends there having a dinner party at which live lobster was served. They cut pieces off the lobster to eat as it walked across the table! Needless to say, she won't be going to any more of their dinner entertainment parties.

The last time I caught a carp, the mouth continued to open and close as if breathing several hours after gutting. In Germany you are supposed to cut the bottom of the fish between the gills to ensure that the fish is dead, not just hit it on the head. Even then the fish still looks like it is breathing. So I guess it is just nerves in this case.

However, I have no time for the Japanese and this unnecessary barbaric cruelty to fish and other animals.

Steinbeisser

·
Registered
268 Posts
I don't give a monkeys whether its traditional, its wrong and sick to cause uneccessary suffering, and people who don't know or care that animals feel pain need to be educated. I agree that our abbatoires leave alot to be desired but at least there is the intention of killing quickly. I wonder if that clip was filmed in Britain, and if so would old bill be interested ?
All I'm saying is people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Fishing is a bloodsport and fish get hurt / die and certainly get stressed as they fight on the way in.

·
12,846 Posts
All I'm saying is people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Fishing is a bloodsport and fish get hurt / die and certainly get stressed as they fight on the way in.
i think you're a bit wrong there,

there's a big difference between inadvertantly killing a fish, or causing un-intentional harm to it while fishing, and what is seen in that video,

your skin could be expertly stripped while you were concious, and you'd still be alive, your guts could be removed and you'd still be watching for a short while, even you heart having stopped (removed) would still give you time to realise what was happening, ok, chances are you'd pass out long before, but you might not. Just look at the attrocities of war, people blown in half, guts across the floor, and still very much aware of their predicament.

a pal of mine had heart surgery while awake, they had to stop his heart for aprx 60 seconds while they did whatever they were doing, there were complications, and the upshot was that he watched his vital signs diminishing on the monitor for 2min40secs, at which point he passed out, thankfully he was revived shortly after that, with no ill effects, but it proves you can be 'dead' but still very aware of things.

as i said, the practice of whatever it is called, is barbaric in the least.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes, I take your point, where to draw the line between fair sport and cruelty ? I don't use live fish baits but I've no problem with those who do, its a personal thing. I think most anglers follow a code in which its ok to take fish but you try to minimise the suffering. The japanese don't even seem to take cruelty into account. Is that the difference ?

·
12,846 Posts
Yes, I take your point, where to draw the line between fair sport and cruelty ? I don't use live fish baits but I've no problem with those who do, its a personal thing. I think most anglers follow a code in which its ok to take fish but you try to minimise the suffering. The japanese don't even seem to take cruelty into account. Is that the difference ?
yes mate, i would guess that's the difference ! i rarely ever use live baits, i even freeze my crabs down cos i think it's cruel to rip em apart while alive ! but yeah, minimise suffering is a way of justifying actions, i fish because i enjoy it, and i enjoy the fruits of my labour too, i catch alot of fish (about 95%) that will go back cos i don't wanna eat them, the 1% might be killed due to injury or simply float away knackered when returned, and 4% taste lovely, but are dispatched quickly.

i know hunting is a blood sport, but there's a difference tween setting dogs on a badger and a compassionate angler hooking a fish and returning it with as little grief as poss,

just wish the anti's could see this !

1 - 20 of 74 Posts