World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ihave been looking for somewhere easy and cheapto get to with good sport fishing and have at last found an answer.The river ebro,Spains largest.
I was fortunate in finding an English family who run a hunting and fishing business with 1.5 k river frontage.
Now Iam one of those folks who seldom manage to catch fish but on the ebro I landed 10 carp between12 to 18 lbs in 2 hours fishing and a 26lb catfish.Sea fishing was a problem for me as Ilacked the skill to cope with blue fish. Iwas trying for palamito. Both being plentiful.Steve laid onsomething different each day: Fishing for 200lb catfish, touring the mountains, carp fishing,sea fishing.
I took full board and the food was excellent . my diabetes was catered for as well.I wiil be going back again but in future will take only a cabin bag to keep cost of ryan air down . Steve supplies rods reels rifles etc
if you wold like to try this venue the web site is ebrosportingadventures.com .If anyone would like to contact me my tel no is 02083900085
regards mike miller

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Thanks for the info. As I said on your earlier thread I was at the Ebro Delta several years ago. Did you see my reply about bluefish/ganghooks?

Always been my intention to return. The Germans seem to have taken over the newer properties in the area - they seem to know the sea fishing potential as well. Amazed so few Brits have been there for the saltwater fishing though.

·
Registered
20,927 Posts
Thanks for the info. As I said on your earlier thread I was at the Ebro Delta several years ago. Did you see my reply about bluefish/ganghooks?

Always been my intention to return. The Germans seem to have taken over the newer properties in the area - they seem to know the sea fishing potential as well. Amazed so few Brits have been there for the saltwater fishing though.
:fish:The reason we don't know about the sea fishing is, they don't promote it. They spend a fortune on adverts in the freshwater mags about the carp and catfish but nothing in the sea mags. I had someone ring me last year about some adverts this year and a promo visit, I said he should be advertising already as anglers need to book holidays in advance but not heard anything since.:roll1:

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
:fish:The reason we don't know about the sea fishing is, they don't promote it. They spend a fortune on adverts in the freshwater mags about the carp and catfish but nothing in the sea mags. I had someone ring me last year about some adverts this year and a promo visit, I said he should be advertising already as anglers need to book holidays in advance but not heard anything since.:roll1:
Guess it could be another foray for the 4.... or maybe 3? Musketeers:roll1:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKYOU Pelamid and norm b. In future I will use hidden circle hooks between the 3 trebles as the smaller blues strip the bait between the trebles.IwillALSO TRY A LONGER ROD TO GIVE ME QUICKER TAKE UP OF LINE.I ,must thank steve and his son for their patience with this 71yr old with bad reactions
mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts