World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a mooch on youtube and clocked the above titled video. It's the first time I've watched it myself after having known of it's existence for years. I got to say what a cracking video it is. At least it's something to entertain you while these weather fronts keep rolling in.

[video=youtube;q_9Z7cLs8fc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_9Z7cLs8fc[/video]

I've never been one to be fanatical/overly keen about cod fishing, but after watching the above, it really did give me the urge to go codding at the Deeps. Just a shame fishing like that will only ever be a pipe dream. Just goes to show how dire the shore cod numbers from the Bristol Channel are today when compared to the late 90's. So, do you now have the urge to go codding? :D

Browny.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Good find Browny....

Think you mean Ed Schliffke rather that the yorkshire rippers brother!!!

Having a mooch on youtube and clocked the above titled video. It's the first time I've watched it myself after having known of it's existence for years. I got to say what a cracking video it is. At least it's something to entertain you while these weather fronts keep rolling in.

[video=youtube;q_9Z7cLs8fc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_9Z7cLs8fc[/video]

I've never been one to be fanatical/overly keen about cod fishing, but after watching the above, it really did give me the urge to go codding at the Deeps. Just a shame fishing like that will only ever be a pipe dream. Just goes to show how dire the shore cod numbers from the Bristol Channel are today when compared to the late 90's. So, do you now have the urge to go codding? :D

Browny.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I came a cross this 3 weeks ago top vid made me laugh , they were the days but like you said brown may never return fingers crossed ,,,

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Ahhhh I remember them well, Cod were plentiful and cheaper than Salmon to buy!!!!! Cod now have a hefty price on their heads which makes them even more vulnerable. John

·
Team Banter
4,845 Posts
yep those were the days and im glad i was around then to enjoy them,pity thinks change over time and the cod fishing may not be what it used too but we still have some 1st class ray and hound fishing in the channel

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wish I started to fish as a teenager during the 90's
Enjoyed the video - mrs happy too because she was in charge of the remote controls for the evening
Hope we get at least one good season soon

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was a member of the cod squad when Kevin peter and Stan were catching on the deeps me and my mates were bagging up on Newton point some days we'd have 5 or 6 each with the odd double mixed in happy days. It wasn't uncommon to have 150-180 fish per winter used to have a fish freezer in the garage with 5 drawers rammed full of fillets.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Can't really believe how the fishing was back in the day to now. I know summer is just around the corner so we can start to catch some tidy fish but it would be great if we could have a decent bit of winter fishing. Just goes to show how much the cod stock is dissapering

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
yep really good beats watching loose women or Jeremy kile bargain hunt ect

·
Team Loonz
8,189 Posts
Really enjoyed watching that and Im glad I was fishing then and experienced it.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
greatly entertaining video, some cracking fish and a couple of familiar faces. Imagine making a video now, the cover would have Ed's dogfish on it!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts