World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off over to Edinburgh tomorrow for the Runrig concert at the Castle.
Saturday my wife will no doubt be shopping, that will leave me the option of visiting any tackle shops in the city.

Does anyone know of any close to the royal Mile where I'll be staying?
thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
the closest 1 i can think of is craftye but ull need 2 jump on the bus or u can get a bus to mikes in portobello which isnt 2 far either ....

ps. i'll be at the runrig concert to is gonna be gooooooddddd !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
If its sea fishing Mike`s tackle down at Portobello is your best bet, http://www.mikestackleshop.co.uk/
A few bus`s from the center of Edinburgh (Princess St), No 26 will drop you off at the door.

If you want something within walking distance try the Orvis shop at the west end of Princess St, next to House of Fraser.
I dont think they do sea fishing but have loads of fly fishing gear for trout and Salmon, also good to see how the other half live LOL.

Mike`s your best bet though, with loads sea tackle.

Scott

·
Registered
166 Posts
Balgreen tackle shop is out through Gorgie. From where you are, there and Mikes are about the same distance but opposite directions. Depends what you're after - I know Mike has downsized his shop and it's got a fair bit less stock than this time last year. That said, he does stock a fair bit of sea gear but I don't know about Balgreen - it may be more course/game.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies men, looks like I'll be going to Mikes.

I hope you enjoy the concert Nat, looks like the weathers going to be better than Drumnadrochit

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Hi John, You mean you drove past GA to get to Mikes??? I dont believe it mate...and never even stopped in for a coffee...right past my door too :(

BTW, Was in at GA tonight along with Davy and Linda for a few bits and pieces ,namely 3 doz various Sabiki type rigs for the species hunt, and a couple of rods for the Ireland trip next week...:):), got £20 discount too :):)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thought I would put my tuppence worth in! You can't go wrong with Mikes. I has a massive selection to choose from and the guys down there are always helpful. If you are buying a fair bit, you may be lucky and get a wee discount!
It's quite easy to find. If you go into Potobello from Seafield, the shop is right at the start of the main st on the left hand side.

All the best TTT

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm still in the I.o.M Norrie, going over on the big silver bird tomorrow evening.

We'll be in Drummore for three weeks from the 15th. August so see you all there in the Clash.

They may have been going for a while Haggis Tosser, but they can still knock out good music, you should be proud of them writing lyrics in Gaelic, helping to keep the language alive.

There's still an odd ticket for sale on fleabay, get yourself one and meet us for a pint lol

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
I'm still in the I.o.M Norrie, going over on the big silver bird tomorrow evening.

We'll be in Drummore for three weeks from the 15th. August so see you all there in the Clash.
Aha, Right...got you now...:):)...Well we are all off to Ireland on Sunday...so wont see you this time round...BUT, I'm down at The MOG on either 22nd or 23rd August, for 4 days...:)...and will hold you to that pint...:):)

BTW, Mikes is a crackin tackle shop, been there a few times too :):)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mikes used to be a brilliant 'shop' for sea fishing - however the past few years the stock has really deteriorated and seems to be aimed at the cheaper ( and not so cheerful ) end.

There are still a few items worth looking at, but no where near the stock they used to keep :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts