World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL,

TRYING TO GET MY SPECIES TALLY UP A BIT HIGHER AND WAS WONDERING WHERE THE BEST PLACE WAS TO CATCH AN EEL.
ANY ROUND MCE, MEDWAY AREA YET.
ALSO BAIT, I HAVE HEARD PEELER IS THE BEST BUT DOES RAG WORK ASWELL.
BE GRATEFULL ON ANY INFO.

WILL93 :g: :g: :g: :g:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
you will get eels down medway,,,,,,,garden worm can be a killer bait,,,,,i used to get a lot off rochester esplanade,,,,,,by strood bridge is good to the right ,i think the council buildings,can be a little snaggy tho

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers For The Advice Thornback.
Any Info Bait Wize.

Will93

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
size 1, half a peeler whipped on with elastic,we're fishing lloyds tonight from low water up, expect to catch a few there, peeler is definitely the killer bait, found that garden worm is better after rain further up rivers, ie around medway bridge

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
round my way a section of king rag can be a killer bait. if your using peeler i find the eels teech can get caught on the elastic, then they seem to let go on the way in. if you don't have to cast too far you can put the crab on small hooks without elastic. you just need to thread the hook through the back and the leg sockets.

after dark is better than day light, in my local harbour you could easily get 30+ in a night sesh.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find that worm will catch as good as anything,but Peeler will sort out the larger specemins!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi will I have found harbour rag to be a killer along with garden worm!!! I have heard halling is good for eels not sure where though sorry!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or you could try travelling 4500 miles and fishing in Texas...

Pine gulley park pier south of Houston is a good spot. Ask my partner..

.. set up and started fishing and the first 3 fish that she catches are bootlace eels.

She was muttering for the next day or so after that, something about having caught bigger eels off Deal beach.

I also caught one there and when unhooking it, the little blighter bit hold of my jeans and didn't want to let go..

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
whopper say's he prefers Herne Bay.He now say's it's his aim in life to catch as many as possible.

Ron
NOT!:laugh: It saved me a blank though which cant be bad. I just whipped off my baiting up pinny (Never leave the house without one! :)), grabbed hold of the bugger and then spent the next 30mins almost pulling the things head off trying to free my lead and hook, and it had wired its own mouth shut. It didnt swim away when released as such, more like bobbed:unsure: :yucky:

15,082 Posts
NOT!:laugh: It saved me a blank though which cant be bad. I just whipped off my baiting up pinny (Never leave the house without one! :)), grabbed hold of the bugger and then spent the next 30mins almost pulling the things head off trying to free my lead and hook, and it had wired its own mouth shut. It didnt swim away when released as such, more like bobbed:unsure: :yucky:
MURDERER! :)

Ron

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers For All The Advice All.
Think I Will Have A Go Behing Civic Centre Next To Medway Bridge.

Will93

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Lee why on earth did you let it go???
The last time a took a fish home that produced slime (Roker) my kitchen resembled a snotty blood bath! :blink: (Never doing that again!)

·
Registered
8,187 Posts

Will93
There was a issue of Sea Angler a while back which had Alan Yates fishing from next to the civic centre. He had caught a Eel i think. Its a nice muddy river so i think you could have a good chance.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers For The Info Whopper.
It Has Been A Big Help.

Will93

·
Registered
1,320 Posts

Will93
Hi Will93
Prime location up the Medway is under the new motorway bridge near the cinema and night club, park up in the far corner and fish to the right handside of the bridge, casting around the bases of the structure. Try a pully rig and lob worm or smelly old lug, you will even take a few good bass for good measure.

Woll

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Hi Will93
Prime location up the Medway is under the new motorway bridge near the cinema and night club, park up in the far corner and fish to the right handside of the bridge, casting around the bases of the structure. Try a pully rig and lob worm or smelly old lug, you will even take a few good bass for good measure.

Woll

And if you manage to over cast and land you weight on the foot of the bridge (theres a ledge), can you get a weight of mine which i slung there (toooo big a cast!) about a year ago:blink:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts