World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sweep match tonight so going to try for a few eels.
myself and dave [monkeyhinger] have a bucket of crab so will target them as there have been some caught off the prom.

let you know tomorow how we get on.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i have a sweep match tonight so going to try for a few eels.
myself and dave [monkeyhinger] have a bucket of crab so will target them as there have been some caught off the prom.

let you know tomorow how we get on.
any luck bill since you and your old tackle box departed frendship

F

·
0 Posts
A fair few dabs, flounders and plaice are kicking about on the beaches with the better ones on the piers (Roker pier and shields pier) but the plaice on Roker are only seeing an intrest in Luggy. A few flounders and occasional eels in both rivers wear and tyne.:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
A fair few dabs, flounders and plaice are kicking about on the beaches with the better ones on the piers (Roker pier and shields pier) but the plaice on Roker are only seeing an intrest in Luggy. A few flounders and occasional eels in both rivers wear and tyne.:)
I was on the end of Roker last night, 6.30 - 9.30 and the best plaice fell to rag, not Lug. I only managed 1 undersize Coaly using Lug.

quite a few tiny codling were also caught by other anglers.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
theres usually a lot of flatfish that get took on runnydown or sloppy lug or salted dont ask why but they must love it

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
just further up river taking few codling and coalies and plaice and flounders,but its all good sport being out the house

F

·
0 Posts
The other week me and my mate were down we were using clipped down pulley wishbone style rigs loaded with luggy and had much more success than anglers using just raggy. The fish are there just you have to fish small hooks size 1s, small worm baits as well. Year in year out you see some lovely plaice:) on Roker, its just a fish that people on Roker never really fish for. Theres a few people but not many who you see fishing properly for them. Other people opt for flounder bashing in the wear or tyne.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yup i know a few that fish the rivers club matches and pleasure fishing ,but whatever flatfish i get from piers or rivers go back anyway ,not that i would eat them as i dont eat most fish i catch either even decent ones ,its all about the sport and been out ,fishing fanatic as i am lol

·
Registered
11,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well there was no eels in the dock channel....

myself and dave fished there with only a small codling for dave and a rockling for myself for 3 hours.
one lad fished seaton beaches in the hope of a bass but blanked and had problems with weed all night. the rest fished the prom in the twin steps areas to get codling all night bu again small with the best only going to 33cm.

so no body managed to weigh in for the sweepstake. we are talking about making these measure and release and all fishing together on the prom next time.

it was a nice couple of hours out though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts