World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from a holiday in the cotswolds and spent a lot of time losing a lot of tench!! Anyway the forecast today was great and so headed off with my partner to dig some lug and then on to Elie. What a glorious day to be out. Very light wind, sunny and warm. Put out the bait rod with lugworm and then set up the feathers to see if there were any mackies about. A guy from Barr who are working on the lighthouse came down for a chat and he told me of large shoals of fish that have been spotted by a diver friend of his close to the rocks. I was going to shift marks to where he pointed to, but decided to leave it for another day.
Anyway started to hit small pollock on the feathers and then coalies and plenty of them. Often 2 at a time and I lost count of how many 5-8oz fish I caught. No sign of any mackies and my bait rod stayed silent until the turn of the tide when an 8oz pollock made an appearance. Had a few more coalies on the lug and decided to pack up and meet up with my partner who was sunbathing on the beach.
No sizable fish, but a great day out. Will try the next mark soon and hopefully finds some bigger fish.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Had a few more coalies on the lug and decided to pack up and meet up with my partner who was sunbathing on the beach

Sounds like a Carlsberg days fishing there mate, well done.

Cheers

Davy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts