World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, decided to try Elliot beach arbroath this morning, went at 6am with mist just starting to lift and sun burning through took a wee impulsive trip to beach to see if i could catch that legendery mythical creature that is an elliot beach turbot took 2 rods one for close in work another to try at range both where set up 2 hook flapper rigs baited with small belly strips of finest crawton caught mackerel.. i had a good feeling...today would be my day..
bang. straight away bang the rod i popped 30yds into surf goes and o look its my stalkers..a little flounder.quicky unhooked[barbless ftw] cast out again quick swig of irn-bru and rattle rattle another pair .oops time to move rod rest back up beach, refreshed my baits and recast
Rattle o look close rod again and another flounder.. finally rattle on range rod ..strike and inside im hoping for this to be my turbo day but just another flounder and so this was to be the story of the day.. ended up 8in total no turbo! but was pleasant few hrs..a well theres alawys tmrw.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sounds like a decent day out mate, at least you're conecting with the fish.:clap:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Now Tam you know they're not mythical you saw two the last time we were there :whistling

You get yours soon enough and it'll probably be a monster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts