World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Elliot beach, Arbroath from 11:50 to 21:00.Tides LT=14:40 HT 21:24,Bait mackie,bluey,peeler crab,lugworm,dead ragworm. Weather misty,cloudy odd shower, water clear nice waves.
You may notice dead rag in bait that is because i forgot to change paper before i went to bed, when i seen them this morning i was tempted to through them away, i didn't and so very very glad i didn't. If you think you cannot catch fish with dead rag i am here to prove you wrong.

Well started of with 3 single flounder then a double up then a small plaice. This was followed by what i was looking to catch a bass not a biggy hey a bass is a bass in my eyes this was duly returned. This was followed by another 3 single flounder and then a double then another single. The flounder weren't big but plenty of them. Next up was my next surprise another bass this was followed by another bass. I thought i was lucky when i had one but to get 3 beyond my wildest dreams. These were followed by another flounder then another surprise another bass followed by another 3 flounder then a good double flounder and bass that i wasn't expecting. Finished sesh of with another 2 flounder.

All the bass and most of the flounder were caught with the dead ragworm, i didn't believe it when the fish were hitting on it but if it works i'm happy. I hate to say but i had an absolute disaster with my cameras. My video camera got some rain in it when it poured down and was dodgy from that moment. Near the end of sesh i went to switch it on and i feel it shorted when i seen sparks now dead, my stills camera is faulty with getting sand in it and also water so i will try and dry and clean it hopefully i can get it to work again.

Total catch Flounder 18, Plaice 1, Bass 5. A good sesh all in all.

13 15th fish bs..JPG 4 4th & 5th fish fl.JPG 15 17th fish bs.JPG 8 9th fish fl..JPG

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
That’s a fish nearly every 17 mins!
Come on Michael, you were fishing in the aquarium!

That’s a cracking session, in a Sean Connery accent, bites Galore, lol.

Big well done, pity about the camera. Really enjoy your videos.

Thanks for sharing.

cheers willie

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Fished Elliot beach, Arbroath from 11:50 to 21:00.Tides LT=14:40 HT 21:24,Bait mackie,bluey,peeler crab,lugworm,dead ragworm. Weather misty,cloudy odd shower, water clear nice waves.
You may notice dead rag in bait that is because i forgot to change paper before i went to bed, when i seen them this morning i was tempted to through them away, i didn't and so very very glad i didn't. If you think you cannot catch fish with dead rag i am here to prove you wrong.

Well started of with 3 single flounder then a double up then a small plaice. This was followed by what i was looking to catch a bass not a biggy hey a bass is a bass in my eyes this was duly returned. This was followed by another 3 single flounder and then a double then another single. The flounder weren't big but plenty of them. Next up was my next surprise another bass this was followed by another bass. I thought i was lucky when i had one but to get 3 beyond my wildest dreams. These were followed by another flounder then another surprise another bass followed by another 3 flounder then a good double flounder and bass that i wasn't expecting. Finished sesh of with another 2 flounder.

All the bass and most of the flounder were caught with the dead ragworm, i didn't believe it when the fish were hitting on it but if it works i'm happy. I hate to say but i had an absolute disaster with my cameras. My video camera got some rain in it when it poured down and was dodgy from that moment. Near the end of sesh i went to switch it on and i feel it shorted when i seen sparks now dead, my stills camera is faulty with getting sand in it and also water so i will try and dry and clean it hopefully i can get it to work again.

Total catch Flounder 18, Plaice 1, Bass 5. A good sesh all in all.

View attachment 1277611 View attachment 1277613 View attachment 1277615 View attachment 1277617
krakkin day oot there Mike
3 Bass whoo hoo
gaid gaun
hope ure vid cam is under guarantee n hope yr ither camera works ok wans its dried oot
heep on fishin n keep on postin Mike
iain

1 - 12 of 12 Posts