Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another of the infamous meetings
Elliot beach Sunday 17th june 2007
Low water is 1023 & high is 1644.
Meet in golf course car park around 1030
Fishing from 11ish to whenever.
Species - Bass, Flounder, Turbot & whatever else swims by.
Baits - not sure, but i suppose Rag, Herring etc
All welcome
Can we have some input on this guys.

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
theres a car park opposite the railway bridge big enough to hold 20 cars oh and 4x4's not sure if ya allowed to park in golf corse

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theres a car park opposite the railway bridge big enough to hold 20 cars oh and 4x4's not sure if ya allowed to park in golf corse
We'll be lucky to get 6 cars in there, it's more of a lay-by.
I'll phone the golf club this week & ask them. Shouldn't be a problem though, as any mag article i've read about elliot says to park at the golf club.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
We'll be lucky to get 6 cars in there, it's more of a lay-by.
I'll phone the golf club this week & ask them. Shouldn't be a problem though, as any mag article i've read about elliot says to park at the golf club.
dave
i think it holds more now.
i'll be there as usual
o and lug
hope brian does not kill these this time
and brings his own , grub , tea etc

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
There is plenty of parking on the other side of the road from the railway bridge and the golf course car park is pretty big too. I am on holiday that week so will probably pop down and visit my folks at the same time.
Never fished the beach in all the years I spent in Arbroath but from what I have been told the stretch to the south of the river is better but someone may correct me on that.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Em bait wise lug, mackeral, maddies and crab is my advise crab or maddies for the bass. Your ok parking in the golf course carpark keep driving past it towards the greenkeepers sheds and theirs a crossing over the railway, please take care as this could be the end of that crossing if someone abuses it. For this meet can I make a suggestion, everyone fishes with lightish rigs and basstype rods to maximise the fun side of flounder and turbot fishing. Rigs wise three hooks flapping 10lb snoods 20lb main bodys and 1 to 2oz waits with between size 2 n 4 hooks.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Chris.
I don't think many of us have fished Elliot before.
Looks like i'm tying up a pile of lighter rigs for this one, as the lightest i have is 15lb snood & 60lb main.

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Sorry folks cant make it - got a tope trip that day :schmoll:
I have fished it a couple of times and had about a dozen flounders and a small bass - I would suggest s/z 2 hooks (Aberdeens or other thin wire) , 3 hook flapper with beads on the bottom 2 hooks , rag , lug and herring have all caught fish.
If fishing 2 rods - throw one far out and one close in.
Good luck :)

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
forgot to say count me in

sultza tell brian if he uses peat try irish stuff or anyother it cant have anything with it

ive saved my sea peat from last lot of raggies

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Just read an old article bout Elliot beach that i kept from an old tsf mag (bout 2yrs old maybe). Was by Alan combe, he stressed that most of the flatties there take a moving bait and fishing light if possible is preferred.
He reckons try 30yds at first, then edge the cast in now and then to alert the fish. Cast further if required until fish are located. Also suggests different baits on each hook at first to see whats preferred on the day.
Sounds good advice to me...... cheers Alan

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.