World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all - just had a wee experimental chuck about in the surf this morning hoping for a bass or flounder. On with the chest waders and instead of the waiting game decided to try slowly retrieving the bait instead.
Anyway arrived at the mark to find this on the sand..

A wee octopus , but the gulls had been at it..
So set up and started working the margins,, 3rd cast and away we go...

Nice flounder and destined for the pan as i have not had one to eat this year yet..yum yum...
Had a few more casts that resulted in one more bite that never amounted to anything,,,, had fun in the surf though and deffo gonna do this again as its great fun, great way to end my hols with no blanks at all :clap3:
Heres a wee pic of my view looking at the rod tip..

As you can see it was a pea souper of a day, one hell of a walk home though in the waders through the water.lol..
Ah well,, back to once a fortnight again.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Good pics and report Findus. Also good to get through the holidays without a blank. Looks like the pea soup is with us for a few days yet!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Well done Findus,hopeyou enjoyed your holiday. I'm off for a fortnight from this coming thursday and have a few new spots in mind to try. The missus says she hopes I'm not going to be hanging about the house getting in her road,so.......................

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Well done Findus,hopeyou enjoyed your holiday. I'm off for a fortnight from this coming thursday and have a few new spots in mind to try. The missus says she hopes I'm not going to be hanging about the house getting in her road,so.......................
what it been like down your way latley bob

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Wrasse have taken over from the codling at the minute Ade,which is about usual for this time of year,but the bigger wrasse seem slower to show than usual maybe with the un-summery,(and if that's not a word it should be),seas with big SE swells almost the norm.Any sandy mark seems to have lots of flounder,but the coalie population appears to have declined enormously. Pick a rock,pretty much any rock,and at low water especially you should get a few fish though.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
fine flattie to finish the holls findus :thumbs:

hope my holls end in a high or out with a catch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts