World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Hi Guys.. Caught a queen fish and decided to make myself an english style fish and chips...
Click Here
Looks better than most chippie's fish around here! I agree beer batter has to be the best. I used similar to fry up some leftover squid bait, the wife tried it before she knew it had been bait and it was so good she kept eating even after she knew :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks better than most chippie's fish around here! I agree beer batter has to be the best. I used similar to fry up some leftover squid bait, the wife tried it before she knew it had been bait and it was so good she kept eating even after she knew :)
Well you are really lucky to have such an "understanding" spouse... :clap3:
By the way do you actually eat Queen Fish over at your side of the world? Not the best eating fish i must say but suprisingly good if made into chips

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Well you are really lucky to have such an "understanding" spouse... :clap3:
By the way do you actually eat Queen Fish over at your side of the world? Not the best eating fish i must say but suprisingly good if made into chips
We don't have queen fish under that name, even if imported. There are plenty of edible fish in our seas that most folk don't fancy trying, probably because they don't want to experiment with recipes.

The missus does not normally eat bait, that was a one-off worth mentioning! My catch has to be cleaned, scaled, 100% de-boned and presented attractively on a plate for her in normal circumstances.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts