World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going fishing near Montrose tonight and was out digging some Lug + Rag this morning. Didn't think I'd got that much but when sorting them at home counted about 50 Lug, 25 Harbour Rag and 3 or 4 smaller King Rag.

Was digging for about 1hr 10mins and was wondering if this was a good return on that amount of time digging?

Also will this last on two rods for about an 6 hour session?

I also got some mussels and cockles is this a good combo for tipping the Lug/Rag off?

Last time I went out had about 75 Lug and 8 King Rag. Got called away about an hour into session and gave away most of what I had left to a guy who was fishing along from me with his girlfreind.

Thanks in advance.

George

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Sounds like enough bait, especially if you use the mussel and maybe take a mackerel too.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
depends how hungry them crabs ar tonight:whistling
:). I did wonder that myself. I have a lobster pot that I found washed up on a beach and repaired the other night so maybe can give them some payback by getting an edible crab or a lobster.

Is there any peeler still around on the East Coast near Dundee(don't know the seasons)? and do crab also eat peeler or do they leave it alone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts