World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info but I don't think I explained my question correctly. I was wondering why EOBC is not talked about on this site? Is it fround upon for some reason or just that no one has any interest in it?

I am booked in for the Open but as I have never been to this event nor have I been to Yorkshire coast I needed to ask some questions such as; I have seen some Youtube videos where fisherman say that they got on the beach as early as 5:30am even though you can't start fishing until the competition starts at 10:00am but according to the information booklet I received with my ticket/s it says that I have to attend a sign in between 7-10:00am for the Flattie Bash but do I need to attend a sign in for the 2 day main event on either or both day's?

I am a novice fisherman and am attending this event for fun (I won't be a competitor against the experienced fisherman) so excuse the next question if it is obvious but... In the rules it states "one rod with reel and running line and 3 hook maximum" what is a running line? Can I use a pulley pennel rig?

Due to health issues I can't be clambering rocks or steep slopes or long walks and so I was hoping to get parked at Hornsea Leisure Centre as I was told by the organisers that this would be my best option especially as I will be in a motorhome and can't do narrow lanes or be confronted with height restriction barriers. Anyone know if they have any motorhome parking spaces and what the tariff is? Or do you have any other suggestions as to where I might park for easy access to the beach?

Any info will be greatly received. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Thanks for the info but I don't think I explained my question correctly. I was wondering why EOBC is not talked about on this site? Is it fround upon for some reason or just that no one has any interest in it?
No reason for it not to be discussed, just that no one has said anything about it.

I keep meaning to give it a go, but each year something comes up stopping me, looks like it will this year too :(

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Fished it for @12 years but not for a while now.....tides will be small which means every man and his dog will be on the beaches south of Withernsea,with many camping out or getting there at silly o`clock....many of the stretches have very limited parking which causes probs,while other stretches have difficult access or require long walks...if you don`t know the venues or have`nt done your homework you may find it difficult to get a decent spot.....running line just means your reel line....your choice of rig is fine.....fresh bait will also be at a premium on those tides.

84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info. I am now wondering if I've made a mistake by booking into this event as it doesn't sound as much fun as I thought it would be especially as I might have difficulties finding a pitch near to somewhere I can park. I have booked a pitch on the Sand Le Mere Holiday Village for overnight stay but was told I would be better off getting up very early and travelling to Hornsea each day, do you think that is good or bad advise? Or should I just leave my motorhome parked on the campsite and walk to the nearest beach spot providing it's no more than 20 minutes walk with tackle?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
For me Tunstall is a better beach than Hornsea so i would stay put....downside is that stretch will prob be busy as lots of lads staying on the site will have been on the ale and wont want to drive ha...should be easy enough to get a spot though.

84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Yozzer. So if I stay putt at Sand Le Mere is the walk to the beach tricky i.e. rocky or large incline? Once on the beach and I see a line of fisherman and I need to treck the beach a bit for a spot would you walk left or right. If I have got to walk a bit I might as well go to a better bit of beach.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.