World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
just bought a big game kayak my 1st and i am looking to buy a trolley,a dive reel,bouy
and 1.5kg folding anchor would anyone have any of these items for sale or could recommend a stockist
i live in usk in monmouthshire but dont mind travelling to get the items i need.many thanks
all the best
john

·
Registered
722 Posts
Few diving shops in Cardiff , the bever ospray 80m wreck reel is a good one . I got my trolly from up and under in Cardiff they were the cheapest by £20 as they had the ctug on offer but also try escape-watersports ..... Anchor and Bouy you can make or force 4 on penarth road and I think escape sells those too . I have a long length of chain if you got something to cut it with I can help you out on 1 - 2 m of that im in barry

Also as you are local there is a website called swka if you need any help with anything

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi mate,
thanks for the info.i have ordered a beavers osprey dive reel.
would you know anything about the ruk combi trolley are they
any good?i think my mate has an angle grinder which would cut
the chain thanks for the offer of a piece of chain i will pm when i find
out if he still has it.i will get an anchor from escape what size bouy
will i need?sorry so many questions.all the best
john

·
Registered
722 Posts
My bouy I got from force 4 along with my anchors 1.5kg . I used to have a ruk combi trollly I've had 3 .

Through the scupper ruk ---- absoulute garbage
Ruk combi --- ok I bought it to use on the car too but never did as pipe lagging on my roof bars were fine

Ctug ---- I got this with both types of wheels and it works great the best one I've had so far

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Don't buy a buoy, use a 5ltr oil/bleach/ whatever plastic can. Very strong, and costs nothing. If you find a black one, usually oil, it's the correct colour for a craft at anchor! Plenty of dive reels on fleabay, and anchors. Don't forget a metre of galvanised chain too.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Don't buy a buoy, use a 5ltr oil/bleach/ whatever plastic can. Very strong, and costs nothing. If you find a black one, usually oil, it's the correct colour for a craft at anchor! Plenty of dive reels on fleabay, and anchors. Don't forget a metre of galvanised chain too.
hehehehe recovered around 20m of that chain the last time i was out , it aint cheap

·
Registered
722 Posts
You'll need all of that to anchor up that tampon wih you aboard - fat bar steward, lol
hardly fat at 13.7 st unlike some .... I got youth on my side too . I don't anchor anymore I drift fish like all you wendys pmsl ohhhh and taking the pssss outta my tarpon wots that plank your floating about on sessssh it had to be a freebie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts